Skins

Okay, so I have some skins and I don't know exactly where to put them. I tried looking under the Base file, and there was not a skin file within that file. I made my own Skin file, and they don't seem to pop up. What's up? Also, if there are any skinners, make me skins? :-\

Comments

• in your base folder create textures/skins and put the .png files there.
  • Same with VL2's?
  • vl2 file go into the /base folder.

I keep my /base directory easy to mange by creating sub-directories labled
    vl2_skins
    vl2_maps
    vl2_scripts
    This way, problem skins and scripts are easy to locate. All additional maps and map packs, other than the stock install .vl2, go into their own directory also as the amount of map/mission files can get over whelming to sort through.
  • Cool, haven't tested yet, but I have a skin pack full of images- and it has its own texture and skins folders in the pack. What do I do? put the skin pack in my skins folder?
  • ope! Turns out I forgot to extract the files... That's why it wasn't working... Thanks for the help though! Very appreciative about the fact that skins use .png's, I'll be sure to make my own! ;D
  • So you have foldes like
    gamedata/base/vl2_skins
    gamedata/base/vl2_scripts

and it works?
  • Yeah! apparently! If you want skins, you can just cook up a .png file and place it in textures/skins file! (you may have to make your own)
  • So you have foldes like
    gamedata/base/vl2_skins
    gamedata/base/vl2_scripts

and it works?

Correct.
    ...for vl2 files. Loose textures won't work in the vl2 diectories and need to be in base/textures/skins
  • vl2 files are just ZIP archives with the path structure from Base/

So if you want to know where to put some type of file, you can look at the structure in T2's vl2 file for that 'thing'.