how do i enable my microphone?!

edited April 2010 in Support
lately iv gotten a laptop with a built in microphone but strange thing is wen i test it it works but when i use it in game i cant hear mys elf, (and yes i have it enabled through the voice menu)

can some one please tell me how to get my microphone to work in game?

oh yeah editing it to save you the bother fo asking *do you have the activation key binded?* yes i do its set to ctrl

Comments

• don't bother with t2's integrated voice chat

nobody actually uses it
  • use TeamSpeak or Ventrillo, depending on if the server ur on uses it.
  • oh people use it

people who have no clue how bad it sounds
  • If you're playing on Goon Haven, voice chat is disabled, so you won't be able to hear yourself.
  • Nice post count eolk. I remember they disabled it because one night some twelve year old was spamming it then everyone got pissed and joined in.
  • edited April 2010
    k well witch voice chat system does people use on goon haven the most?
  • eny one?
  • Most people speak on their own private ventrilo/team speak servers.
  • so il haved to ask around goinnhaven tos ee wich ventrilo server is more widely used, ok
  • Hey gadget, If you like you can join the ewo teamspeak server but there aren't usually many goonhaven people on there or even T2 players now for that matter but if you'd like to check it out download the teamspeak2 rc2 client. Don't get teamspeak3 or it won't work as the server is running ts2 on it. Once you get it installed right click on the blank pane on the left and click on add server. The server name is dallas01.voipservers.net:8827 . Just come in as anonymous at first and wait in the lobby. It might take a little while as most people in there are usually playing some game or something but eventually someone will come in and let you resister. You could also try posting on goonhaven.org as they might know more about where the goons mostly hang out. :D