Another Good Game Dead

Tachyon: The Fringe, It is the same concept as Tribes 2 but in space. There are Two Bases Battles, or a Arena Battle. Also a lot of customization with the ships and weapons.

One thing I like about this game that I haven't seen in other space games is the "Slide" Button. It lets you keep the same speed going at the same direction.

Its is another good game that shouldn't have died. It wasn't as popular but it was the best Space game I ever played. Too bad they don't make space games like Tachyon: The Fringe anymore.

Base War:

Arena Battle:

Comments

• Base wars: You grab the crystals to level up your base difficulty. Also you can attack each other bases or other players.
  • Have you ever heard of/played Allegiance (http://freeallegiance.org/)? It's an older (~2000) free highly tactical space-fighter/rts fusion game with a small but active community (who actually have the source code to the game and constantly work to improve it). It looks really cool, but I've never had the time to learn to play. Based on this, though, it looks like something you would enjoy.
  • Both looks really nice, I would check Allegiance.

anyway maybe that games playerbase would be interested in T2?

btw best space sim imo is Frontier series, but it's not multiplayer, and from early 90's
  • Basewars was a unique idea. I got to enjoy it some but was on dial up back then. Would be great to have a modern day version of it.