Account Creation Issue

I keep getting cannot connect to server on the account creation. I can connect to the server to retrieve but I don't have an account.

I tried both of the FAQ answers and neither yielded any results.
I also know the server is up.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Have you checked your firewall? http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php/topic,464.0.html
    Have you made an account before? When?

Answer those, and it'll help us better help you. Thx
  • Yes on the firewall, still busted.

I may have made an account before but I'm not sure. If I did its under sykedoc but I don't think i made one.

The main problem is when it goes to test connection I can't use it.
  • Error handling on the account retrieval process isn't very robust. It will report a username/password failure pretty much regardless of the true cause of the failure in the process. Do not take this as a sign that you're successfully connecting.

This is definitely a firewall problem though.
  • I am at a college and the only firewall I directly control is my computer's windows firewall, which I made let T2 through.

However, I do not control my router or ports.
  • If you're behind a draconian college firewall, there probably isn't too much you can do beyond getting temporary access elsewhere (like a coffee shop) for this process.
  • I've tryed all the FAQ reinstalled, and my bro was playing last night I had him try to create an account for me, and now he can't even log in. thanks any help.