The Evo Mod

I have been trying to setup an Arena server using the evo mod so it can include the stats portion. However everytime I leave the game it does a server reset to the serverdefault.cs and loads Katabatic! I have attempted to try everything I can think of to remedy this issue, if anyone can help me out, that would be much appreciated.

Also yes I have altered the evo prefs, and the maprotation files, and tried to finangle with the command lines, so I am stuck and turning to the community for answers, I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER... Kissy face kissy face.... Kissy face.... And yes I am drunk

Comments

• I've messed around with evo and had no success, if anyone knows how to setup evo I'd also love to hear from them :)
  • edited October 2012
    I have been trying to setup an Arena server using the evo mod so it can include the stats portion. However everytime I leave the game it does a server reset to the serverdefault.cs and loads Katabatic! I have attempted to try everything I can think of to remedy this issue, if anyone can help me out, that would be much appreciated.

Also yes I have altered the evo prefs, and the maprotation files, and tried to finangle with the command lines, so I am stuck and turning to the community for answers, I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER... Kissy face kissy face.... Kissy face.... And yes I am drunk

Tribes 2 does that normally when the last person in the server leaves. I don't know if there's a way to disable it directly (I haven't touched the thing in forever) but adding at least one bot will prevent it. At least I think it will, that is.

$Host::BotCount = 1;
    $Host::BotsEnabled = "1";

That should give you a bot. As far as the game being able to actually use it depends on the maps and the gamemode coding.
  • Server.cs line 890/891

comment out these two lines:
    if( $HostGamePlayerCount - $HostGameBotCount == 0 && $Host::Dedicated && !$resettingServer && !$LoadingMission )
          schedule(0, 0, "resetServerDefaults");

• Server.cs line 890/891

comment out these two lines:
    if( $HostGamePlayerCount - $HostGameBotCount == 0 && $Host::Dedicated && !$resettingServer && !$LoadingMission )
          schedule(0, 0, "resetServerDefaults");

Yea that will work. Haven't touched anything in a while so I couldn't quite remember offhand (and didn't feel like searching server.cs either)
  • Does Evo only work on classic (version c) and base (version b)?
  • Okay I got frustrated and stopped working on the evo mod server, but I definitely got the server to work on Tricon2 (sigh)

I follow the instructions to the letter that the evo mod 1.2.3b came with, and the string I use is tribes2.exe -online -serverprefs evo_prefs.cs -dedicated

Well it isnt excepting that as an actual string because the server console pops up then disappears into unresponsiveness, And when I attempt other string possibilities such as just -serverprefs.cs which obviously doesnt except the evo_prefs.cs settings it will work but obviously not with my evo settings, then I have tried -evo_prefs.cs by itself, and STILL not accepting the evo prefs, it defaults straight to the serverprefs.cs file, I noticed with the Tricon2 admin mod, I had a serverprefs.dso file that I needed to delete for further updates to the servers settings to take effect, and they did, but the evo mod is taking me for a spin and driving me wild.

All I want to do, is have the evo mod work correctly for an Arena server using base... I would strongly appreciate any assistance in this matter... Also when I opened the server.cs or serverDefault.cs I just seen a whole lot of machine program coding not what you have already shown me...

At wits end, and I think I am going to go cry for a spell waiting for yall to get back to me
  • edited September 2013
    #1: Arguments should be tribes2.exe -online -serverprefs evo_prefs.cs -dedicated (according to the file)
    Try removing the "-serverprefs evoprefs.cs" altogether and rename the existing serverprefs.cs to serverprefs.cs.bak and then create a copy of evo_prefs.cs and rename it serverprefs.cs. The command parameter -serverprefs just allows you to specify other files, and this should basically do the same thing, just with a few more steps. :'(

#2: Delete serverprefs.cs.dso if it exists. I know you said that you deleted it. ;D

If you're using your gaming machine for this, honestly, don't, or use a separate installation for your server ( or for your game if you already did the evo modifications inside of it. :P

EDIT: Reinstall Tribes, then patch your server installation with this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bztp8afo6bqjgel/evo_admin_setup.exe
    It's a setup I made that installs Evo Admin Mod 1.2.3b and optionally c. Then use the parameters provided above.
  • well I tried, but still unresponsive... There has to be a setting I am missing on the evo_prefs.cs file that is making the server not respond
  • Check your firewall exceptions, router portforwarding configuration based on Port set in serverprefs, and confirm if your antivirus isn't causing the issues (eg. Avast,AVG). AVG is notorious for this.