Is there a Neutral Pose?

Over on T2forums I was told one of the construction mod variants has a 'neutral' pose for when people aren't holding anything. That is to say the models aren't still in the 'hold rifle' pose. How did they do that and is there a relatively way for me to lift that for my own uses?

Comments

• Over on T2forums I was told one of the construction mod variants has a 'neutral' pose for when people aren't holding anything. That is to say the models aren't still in the 'hold rifle' pose. How did they do that and is there a relatively way for me to lift that for my own uses?

As far as I know, there is only one unused animation in the entire game and that is the BioDerm "PDA" pose (using the Command Circuit). I don't think there is a neutral pose like that.
  • What you're looking for as used on the TC server is the "looknw" arm animation. You might find a commented reference to this in weapons.cs under function Weapon::onInventory -- although if I recall, there was a glitch that could come up on occasion with what had previously been commented. If reusing that in place. you may want to add something like && %obj.getMountedImage(0) == 0 to the conditional check to prevent a few animation bugs with switching weapons, although arguably the looknw arm thread could be better placed in an onUnmount function.
  • What you're looking for as used on the TC server is the "looknw" arm animation. You might find a commented reference to this in weapons.cs under function Weapon::onInventory -- although if I recall, there was a glitch that could come up on occasion with what had previously been commented. If reusing that in place. you may want to add something like && %obj.getMountedImage(0) == 0 to the conditional check to prevent a few animation bugs with switching weapons, although arguably the looknw arm thread could be better placed in an onUnmount function.
    That's the one, thanks Krash. Yeah. I was beginning to wonder myself.
    That's the one, thanks Krash. Yeah. I was beginning to wonder myself.

Ah, I do remember seeing a pose achieved by hacking with the arm poses. Won't really animate (like for walking) though. Or is it one of the ones that do? I remember there are some that would animate walking, though it was a little bit wonky.
  • In fairness all of the positions look a bit wonky, especially since half of them don't take armor into consideration and you get clipping with the leg/knee things.

As for the animation. Glitchy but works from the sound of it?

Now that I have information I need to have it actually put to use. Which is annoying since I've already bugged everyone about stuff and I know jack about scripting other than copypasta, then go monkey with values that look relavent.