Shifter

There is now a dedicated shifter mod server side server up.
You can play with no client side file, however in order to change weapon and pack modes, get the projectile cam, and other goodies you need to download it here
http://shiftermod.com/shifterclientpack.html

=[B|C]= Is back! Woo!

Comments

• Dedicated client-side server up as well now.
  • And Im in one of them.. seems the master servers these folks are using is caching the IP's.  We have a client side (no client needed to play) server and a server side version that has more vehicles and weapon options if you get the client.

www.SHIFTERmod.com

I'll be hanging around there waiting for players.  Also Im on Steam: Stigmartyr

I have Steam up when ever the computer is on.  We also have Ventrilo for VoIP while we play.  It's a public Vent server so everyone is welcome to join it:

ventrilo://ventrilo2.ecgnetwork.com:4114/servername=%3d%5bBC%5d%3d%20Station%20Analysis&serverpassword=1shot1kill
  • Shifter Sunday begins in 1 hour 40minutes. On the server Shifter Clienside.

Make sure you have the shifterclientpack! http://shiftermod.com/shifterclientpack.html
  • clientside shifter question: if I install the mod do I have the option to turn it on and off?

I want to make sure that it is easy to play regular tribes as well once I install the mod
  • IIRC even client-side mods are only applied while you're in the server with them.

If not, then my next guess would be that you run the mod from a batch file and it applies it for that session only. You'd be able to switch back to normal simply by exiting and restarting the game.

Would test, but still can't get the game working. Next solution down the line is to virtualize Win2k...
  • clientside shifter question: if I install the mod do I have the option to turn it on and off?

I want to make sure that it is easy to play regular tribes as well once I install the mod

Even better: the T2 SHIFTERmod client is a single .vl2 file that is copied to the base folder. The mod does not conflict with any other mods or games. You can exit a Shifter server and immediately go into a base/classic/renegades/etc game without doing anything special.

The client adds several Shifter specific options to your controls settings (keyboard) that you can set in SETTINGS>CONTROLS, but again these do not conflict with other games.

Get the client here: www.Shiftermod.com
  • ROGUEdenied is BACK!!!
    like most i have missed it extremly...
    Friend told me it was back so im here to show support.
    Well I will see you guys on the slopes...I'll see you Dead
  • Is anybody else not able to connect to the website? I really would like to give it a try but the website just times out.
  • cool i saw the shifter server up yesterday and wanted to play but i didnt feel like settin up a new copy of t2 to play it. i'll check it out tonight.