• OK i have tried this a couple of times:
    selecting my name and entering my password
    ->password you have entered is not correct
    retrieving account stuff with same password
    ->success
    retrieving account stuff with bogus password
    ->fail

login is borked :(
  • Try deleting public.store and private.store from GameData and using the retrieve account option.
    did not help, could it possibly be from installing the old patch too?
  • I want to help now. Too bad I'm actually sleep typing.
  • edited January 2009
    It sounds like it may actually be a broken key (Naosyth had a similar problem earlier), you may end up needing to recreate your account... We'll be looking deeper into this in waking hours sometime soon. Your account should be fine, bit of a bug in the script.

UltraCon: Need more details. Any error messages, and everything you see in the console when joining a server will help.
  • broken
    [me=DudeBot]is broken[/me]
    im going to cry myself to sleep... erm re-sleep.
  • edited January 2009
    Well, I get to the server list and I get the No Response window that says: 'Connection failed. The IRC server did not respond', when I attempt at joining a server I immidiately get a UE once the 'Connecting' window pops up.

Here's a screen of the console.
    • UE.png
  • edited January 2009
    DudeBot, try the latest version of the installer or this VL2: http://www.tribesnext.com/krash/T2csri.vl2
    It might fix the problem you're having, if not I'm sure it'll be fixed tomorrow.

Ultra, I'd make sure everything is set up correctly. Maybe try a fresh install if you're stumped, and if you're only trying to join one server, try another.

For now though, I'm pretty much asleep.
  • edited January 2009
    DudeBot, try the latest version of the installer or this VL2: http://www.tribesnext.com/krash/T2csri.vl2
    It might fix the problem you're having, if not I'm sure it'll be fixed tomorrow.

Ultra, I'd make sure everything is set up correctly. Maybe try a fresh install if you're stumped, and if you're only trying to join one server, try another.

For now though, I'm pretty much asleep.

Alright then, thank you.
  • edited January 2009
    Alright, I've fixed the problem, the solution was actually very simple, everything is running smoothly now.

Thanks for the help.

Great work with TribesNext Krash and Thyth, and congrats.
  • I just updated the files to fix another bug with the IPv4 script. If any of you are having problems joining servers you might want to try the new files.
  • i used RSA-1024 X.X, i didnt know why either.
  • Got A Problem the TribesNext_rc1 patch doesnt work i download it and its FUBAR or does the patch need more tweeking? or is its just a Bung? >....<
  • edited January 2009
    i used RSA-1024 X.X, i didnt know why either.
    Yeah, same here when I registered. 1024 is just a nice, high number. :p
    Got A Problem the TribesNext_rc1 patch doesnt work i download it and its FUBAR or does the patch need more tweeking? or is its just a Bung? >....<
    Are you running the installer with administrator abilities? Are you actually running it instead of replacing the tribes2.exe with it?
  • [me=DudeBot]is still broken :([/me]
    Im going to make a secondary account i guess.
    I tried that this morning, but it said the server chose not to fulfill it.
    is there a time limit for making accounts?
    Also, if i was to do this in the computer lab in my school with a billion computers (which has 1 ip), would there be any other problems?
  • You can only make one a week :P
  • I've recently discovered that when pressing the windows key during game to get to the Windows screen I get a UE when I attempt at returning to Tribes 2. Can this be fixed?
  • Be a normal person and run in windowed mode.
  • That's what I'm doing temporarily, but it would be nice to be able to get to Windows screen while running Tribes 2 in full screen.
  • Just downloaded the patch. tried opening T2 via DT way and i get an instant UE.
  • Just downloaded the patch. tried opening T2 via DT way and i get an instant UE.
    DT will never be compatible with the alternate patch due to the way it works. Since DT is nonfunctional, so is HappyMod2, so, there's no need to run DT anymore.
  • Is it going to be compatible to DudeBot?
  • DT will never be compatible with the alternate patch due to the way it works. Since DT is nonfunctional, so is HappyMod2, so, there's no need to run DT anymore.
    [/quote]

Yes we all know DT isnt perfect in stopping all hacks. It wont stop people who know how to write code to circumvent DT. It does stop the many who dont know how to code around DT, but know how to install a script they find. So to say DT is nonfuntional is just being ignorant. The few people who do use DT hacks are easy to spot. Also DT is still used by TWL for matches. So if theres any future rise in gameplay DT might be taken into consideration.
  • Actually, HM2 still works great. DT is definitely unusable though unless it is updated somehow.
  • DT will never be compatible with the alternate patch due to the way it works. Since DT is nonfunctional, so is HappyMod2, so, there's no need to run DT anymore.
    I wouldn't say that for certain. LouCypher suggested an approach which may be suitable.

I don't know if Defense Turret does analysis of the in-memory image of the game, but if it only analyzes the on-disk copy, then LouCypher's idea would work.

Defense Turret emulation on the client side, in the form of a script is a matter of 13 lines of code, and knowing two magic numbers (one for initialization, and one "backdoor" code that tells the server that the client isn't cheating).
  • Actually, HM2 still works great. DT is definitely unusable though unless it is updated somehow.

how would you and your buds have your fun if DT was updated to block all the scripts u use now?lol. I thought i made that point earlier but thanks for your input.
  • i'm running tribes2.exe with the bata patch and i try to start it i click it nothing doesnt even open at all i have no idea whats going on can you help me?

how would you and your buds have your fun if DT was updated to block all the scripts u use now?lol. I thought i made that point earlier but thanks for your input.
    Umm... easy... Rebels doesn't use DT anyway...