T2 Base Server w/Vehicle Maps? (Houston/Miami Vehs)

2»

Comments

• It'd help if it didn't come with bots for default. Seriously :/.

There are no bots on Houston Vehicles. Only pure human cannon fodder.
  • Sorry, was assuming it was the "Huston Vehicles Mini" -server that's been around for a while already, and does indeed have bots, but now I see there's another bigger HV server up there. Guess I'll have to hop in at some point!
  • yes that is the new server we hope to be fully up and running this weekend so come on in and drop bombs on a few of us just like the old days.
  • edited February 2009
    Hey Sniper, did you know I was a Tribes player long before I knew what Something Awful was? Seriously, kiss my ass. I'm providing a server for everyone to play on. Do you see a password on it? Something Awful is spreading the word and bringing tons of new players to the game. "Goons" are the same people as you... people who sit on the computer all day. Lighten up.

Back on topic:

I'd love to have my main server be all vehicles/mostly vehicles. I'm trying to get the Evo admin mod to work on my 32 man as a test... but I'm having issues. Please see the admin mod thread in "Server Support" and post there if you think you can help.

Back to Sniper:

In all seriousness, if you have grievances against how my server is run, I have a place for that (Goon Haven thread). If an admin treated you unfairly, there is a place for that (that same thread). However if PLAYERS of the server (which are mostly PUBLIC players and not GOONS!!!!!!) votekicked you, there's nothing I could do. Quit being so hurt and just come back and play. You're welcome for me being 100x more receptive and patient than you are.

edit: Blindkilla: Some of the SA folks used to know wembly. I tried to get in contact with him to see if he'd share some scripts, but I never heard back from him. I was possibly just ignored, but I don't know if he's still even active. Do you know?

Well it would be better if you didnt have 60 asshats running around team killing and spamming mortars on their own team perhaps the SMART thing would be to turn off TD and then it wouldnt suck so bad. Not to mention people teamkilling others then voting to kick the person they TK only to have it pass like wtf man. Dont tell me to lighten up its a valid point that needs to be heard and if you dont like truth then climb in a box and plug your ears. There is a grief kick every 5 mins there people get kicked cuz some ass hat figures its funny. and the admins just sit there and let it happen.

The only thing i liked about EWO was the fact that they dealt with these people and FAST they didnt let bullshit persist on and on. I mean we got people who lance there own team so they can get there shrike faster and TK team mates so they can get the flag return points. As far as im concerned its total bullshit and im not the only one who thinks that, How ever im the only one with the balls to say it in hopes that you will actually fix all that or atleast atempt to. it is not my intention to flame you man it is my intention to make you aware of this crap so when people play they dont leave the server pissed off at the big ass load of stupidity. As far as im concerned goons is not CTF its CTP aka capture the points.

And the result of that is a server full of voice pack spammers and tk'ers its not a team environment at all and thats what tribes is all about TEAM WORK, Ya sure you got 400 points in one round but what does that mean exactly if your team is always losing LOL does anyone have the brains to figure out the point im trying to make??? POINT is.....Your high score does not mean JACK squat all if your team is the losing one.
  • Here's an idea, why don't you just play on a different server if you don't like it?
  • Houston is gone, I think it crashed. And not two minutes before I was going in to play it.
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=205.msg5321#msg5321 date=1233887907]
    Houston is gone, I think it crashed. And not two minutes before I was going in to play it.
    [/quote]

They're just doing beta testing on it right now. So it will be going up and down for awhile. Hopefully it's solid for the weekend.
  • As terraon stated above we hope to have the HV server up and running as soon as we can.The boys are working hard on that right now we will notify you guys as soon as it is ready so stop on by and say hi. I will be giving out server details as soon as I get them. Let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions.
  • If there's anything I can do to assist you guys (as far as bugs that you're running into), let me know. I'm excited about a base server coming up. Haven't played base since I first got the game :)
  • edited February 2009
    likewise with you guys over at goon haven. I thank you guys for putting up some awesome servers. I never much cared cared for classic until I pl ayed on goon haven so keep up the good work you are doing there.I will be droping by there soon to drop some bombs on you guys. I hope we can work togther to bring back the tribes 2 community.