Simple way to attract more players (taken from Site Proposals)

These ideas were kind of buried in that other thread so I'll just quote them for the sake of clarity.
How about attaching a video on the main site?

I suspect alot of people who get linked here from the mainstream gaming sites just hear about some old game getting revived but have no idea what it's like. Attaching something like the R vs IA youtube vid on the main site might attract more players.
Also, someone mentioned a front page video: I've been tossing around the idea of putting together a simple gameplay video (or videos) that attempts to touch on all the basic mechanics of Tribes 2, including the weapons, vehicles, deployables, skiing, defending, and capping... and would include commentary on what's being done.

What do you think?

Comments

• The best Idea I have thought of so far to attract new players would be to somehow get youtube to feature us on their page. I am not sure how to do that, however....

Maybe they have some kind of application or request that can be submitted?
  • Putting the game up on some major torrent sites with links to here is a good way to get some interest. I did this on demonoid, crediting Tribesnext, of course, and linking to it. I also linked to gamespots tribes section so people can see what it is. I used to play tribes 2 a lot so I'm trying to expand the community, I'll also try to get an East coast server up when I have time. I'm thinking a 24/7 Kat server ;D .
  • There's a TribesNext torrent on The Pirate Bay, too.
  • I checked both Eurogamer and RockPaperShotgun for threads about TribesNext and there were none. I started a thread on both sites and people didn't know about TribesNext at all, I guess we need to get the word out that we are here and that it is free.
  • Just found out that Nordramor - the one who casted the Surreal match - came up with the idea of using that video to attract new players. So credits go to him if the webmasters ever plan to create more interest.