Please turn autoKB for TKing OFF

Instead, make it auto vote for kick. This is the third time im being kicked/banned from goon haven for effectively defending the flag. It's not my fault that teammates follow enemy into flag room, and get blasted along with the enemy. And they of course understand that. None of the guys im tking would vote to kick me for defending the flag.

TKing has always been an issue, and will remain forever. But the auto kb is not the right answer.

-moto

Comments

• This is an issue that should be brought up at Goon Haven's site in any case.

From my understanding, the server will track the number of TKs an individual has, and at a certain threshhold will initiate a vote to kick. It may have changed to auto-kickban, but I haven't been back in the main 64-man server for a while to verify. Beaz has said he'll raise the threshhold to a number that no honest player should get to, like 15 or 20. No matter how effective you are at defending the flag, you shouldn't be getting that many TKs in a round.
  • Instead, make it auto vote for kick. This is the third time im being kicked/banned from goon haven for effectively defending the flag. It's not my fault that teammates follow enemy into flag room, and get blasted along with the enemy. And they of course understand that. None of the guys im tking would vote to kick me for defending the flag.

TKing has always been an issue, and will remain forever. But the auto kb is not the right answer.

-moto
    Yes, please direct stuff like this to goonhaven.org or the Goon Haven thread here. The issue is being looked at today.
  • haha last night Machineheads was getting played and I chose not to spawn to finish my cig, and kept hearing VOTE PASSES! VOTE PASSES! and I just laughed my ass off cause it went from 50-60 people to about 25.

I know I should go to the goonhaven website but I'm lazy, but you should take off the counting of TK's for mines. I kill many noob teammates with beacon'd mines.
  • Wonder if it would be possible to have mines only damage (or be set off by) enemies, the way I think it was in T1. Coming in for a flag cap only to be killed by your own mine is annoying too. I think for mine kills that might be the best way to do it.
  • Perfect examples of why td is a bad idea.
  • You can close this thread, the setting has been changed.
  • Thanks beaz.

What about mines?
  • Thanks beaz.

What about mines?
    You'll have to kill a lot of dummies before an auto-vote comes up. Basically, it's set to a point that a manual vote would probably be called before an auto-vote is.
  • try marking your mines?
  • The voting wasn't the problem. The problem was your teammates didn't like you (and decided to vote yes).

Also, TD is great. If you remove TD it turns the game into a terrible spamfest. If you modify mines...well, that's basically asking for the same thing (maps covered in mine spam).
  • try marking your mines?
    I kill many noob teammates with beacon'd mines.

Doesn't always work, now we have to teach noobs how to replace mines after they blow em up :O
  • How can you not notice beacons?
  • How can you not notice beacons?

I've hit quite a few mines, even if they are beaconed, my resolution is 1920x1200 so the little markers get very small when your running around.
  • 1600x1200, same problem. I don't think the game scales things correctly beyond 1024x768, should be relatively easy to fix though.
  • I've always been a mine magnet. Especially when capping. I'm just an idiot i guess.

also,
    I chose not to spawn to finish my cig,
    just made me lose my mind. I quit smoking earlier this week.