Deployable Platform

Using this tutorial: http://www.advancedmod.com/Tribes2/tutorials/deployable_platform.txt

Install when fine. No compile errors that I saw.

When the player tries to deploy the pack (no matter where) it says "Item must be deployed within reach."

I've looked through it at least a dozen times and I'm not seeing what's preventing it from deploying. Can someone else see it?

Comments

• edited February 2009
    OK, problem solved.

I found the code below in another pack and it seems to have worked to solve the problem.
       minDeployDis                       =  0.1;
       maxDeployDis                       =  15.0;  //meters from body

Now to enlarge the actual deployable platform. It's probably 2m sq... I'd hoped it'd be bigger.

I was hoping this would allow an inventory station and sensors to be placed on very steep terrain but it doesn't want to support other items being placed on it.

Thoughts?
  • So, what kinda mod you workin on?
  • It's the "next generation" MouseMod.

Just adding some stuff we've always thought were missing/needed in the mod. We being -=[BB]=- and some of the old timers. But will always look at suggestions from regulars.

A couple more vehicles, some additional command assets, changes to existing vehicles and some deployables.

A couple of the ideas we've had may actually require adding another armour class but that's way in the future.
  • Ah, niftay.

Since it appears you've taken at least one of my ideas into consideration, the heat signature on the shield pack, I'll continue brainstorming. I've always wanted to mod, but never wanted to put the effort into learning :P Still, seeing my ideas being put into action is awesome.

With Tribes 2 coming back, maybe I'll get around to the learning stage. I tossed out another idea that someone else thought looked interesting, and they might be picking up.
  • Sounds good!

What I need is a good programming reference for Tribes 2. A lot of what I'm finding reminds me of the early days of Linux, lot's of hacking code but no real references.
  • Here's an idea I had in the past.. It's mainly just something that would be interesting.

A sniper rifle that heals instead of hurts, for team mates. Requires a repair pack, and headshots are still more effective. Maybe limited to medium armor?
  • EuroHim and I were talking about a medic class or loadout today...
  • Eh, i think that sort of thing kinda goes against the point of tribes that your class (within your armor type) is determined by your loadout. I'd rather just see the targetting laser modified to have special effects based on what your pack is, so you could put out a red laser to (slowly) heal/repair+power something remotely.

For working deployable platforms you might want to take a look at war/meltdown and construction, iirc you could put things on war's deployable forward bases.
  • Here's an idea I had in the past.. It's mainly just something that would be interesting.

A sniper rifle that heals instead of hurts, for team mates. Requires a repair pack, and headshots are still more effective. Maybe limited to medium armor?

Renegades has a medic dart gun, and it's quite fun to use.