Unable to Start Tribes

I patched the executable correctly, have all of my shortcuts linked correctly, and it seems to be set up fine. I can't think of any scripts that would interfere. I run the program and nothing happens. Windows functions as normal, but both the "Tribes2.exe" and the ruby DLL are in the processes in the Task Manager. Do I need a fresh re-install?

~Syn~

Comments

• Try the fix in this thread if you tried to install an earlier version of the patch yesterday:
    http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0
  • I already looked at that thread, and my file is there. However, when I view it, it is completely blank (file info also reads 0 bytes).

~Syn~
  • The bak file or the cs? If neither has any content, you will need to reinstall the game or get console_start.cs from another install.

If you don't want to redownload the whole game, join IRC and somebody there can surely send you a copy of the file.
  • The CS file is blank (0 bytes). The BAK file is 75.6 KB. I'll wait a bit longer if anyone has any other answers, mainly because I don't want to reinstall (don't want to have to re-download scripts and etc).

~Syn~
  • If the bak file contains the content, delete the CS file and rename the BAK to .cs.

After this is done you'll need to apply the patch from the latest version of the installer.
  • I've backed up my content and am now in the process of re-installing Tribes 2. I couldn't find my CD after I uninstalled, and my backup of T2 was in the Dynamix folder on my main drive. So my backup-of-my-backup-of-Tribes2 (on my external HDD) finally became of use. ^_^

~Syn~
  • It seems that the installer is bugged. After I reinstalled Tribes2 and the patch, my new console_start.cs is still blank. Could this be the installer?

~Syn~
  • To clarify: If the BAK file existed and is not blank, you do not need to reinstall the game. Simply change that file's name to console_start.cs and run the patch on it.

Clear your cache (or use another browser) and download a new version of the installer. If it creates a blank file, you're running an old version of the installer.
  • edited January 2009
    Alright, I got it to patch successfully and ran Tribes2. I got all the way to where it read "Storing Account Data to Hard Disk" or whatever it read (after the key was generated and account was created). Then I got an Unhandled Exception. Image is attached:

[Edit] I killed the RubyIntersect.dll in the processes and ran Tribes2 again. My login information was there (Synoryth) with my password. I clicked on log-in and after a moment or two I UE'd again.
    • untitled.png
  • This is the exact same problem I had in the exact same place.
  • Problem resolved. Used fresh install from the GSI executable available.

~Syn~