Modified Bots

Hello I am Lagg-Alot and if you don't know me I love Bots.

I make maps with Bots and I make or modify Bot Scripts.

You can see these custom bots on my server "---DESTRUCTION ZONE---" it is up 24/7

Or you can dowload a few of my maps (with custom bots included) from www.tribes2maps.com

Anyway just wanted to say hello and let you know that I am back at it. Working on a new map.

Comments

• [move]Any hints?? Come on! TELL MEH!!! I WANNA KNOW!!!!! :D:D :P[/move]
  • Hello I am Lagg-Alot and if you don't know me I love Bots.

You can see these custom bots on my server "---DESTRUCTION ZONE---" it is up 24/7

Or you can dowload a few of my maps (with custom bots included) from www.tribes2maps.com

Anyway just wanted to say hello and let you know that I am back at it. Working on a new map.
    Heh, I remember you. Love your bots.
  • I played some siege with your bots last night, good job. They are pretty smart, a lot smarter than the regular bots too.

Can you give them commands? I tried to do "I need a ride!" but I couldn't tell if they understood to get a havoc, they kept getting shrikes but eventually one did get a havoc.
  • I've spent many hours playing Lagg-Alot's excellent Tribes 2 maps over the last few years, especially the Seige maps such as Aztec Temple and Coldfront. The brilliant bots have given me so many great battles.

Can't wait to see new Lagg-Alot maps :)
  • Wooohooo, the botting king is back! i wonder what map he has under his sleeves this time.
  • How modified are these bots?
  • How modified are these bots?
    They have trees growing from their heads and will attempt to melee you with a missile launcher.

But on the serious side, I've noticed they're much more competent than the bots Tribes comes with by default, even if they're restricted to some maps.
  • Cheers Lagg_Alot !! Bots are our friends these days, particularly on modded servers where a lot of Tribes 2 players seem to fear to tread ("complex game with a steep learning curve" times 10 lol).

The bots in RevMod2 are also quite aggressive, wielding the new weapons and trying to fly lol (I'll have to take a look at your code ;) never had one of the Werewolf BotPilot-based RevBots try to chase me down).

I've always left the ai code in Rev uncompiled as IMHO bots are something we should all collaborate on... the job of good AI is quite litterally never finished.

Do you have some direct links to your maps? When I attempt a search on Tribes2Maps.com I get a database error. Thanks.

Do you have some direct links to your maps? When I attempt a search on Tribes2Maps.com I get a database error. Thanks.
    Using a direct link won't work, either.

Try here: http://www.tribaloutpost.com/search/results/query:author:Lagg_Alot
  • I registered here just to say I LOVE BOTS TOO! I've been playing around with the scripts but I need to read up on how torque script works, so most of my scripting is just fine tuning the weapons to my liking. However, since i never play online I always play with 50 or so bots.. They aren't too smart, ill have to give your maps a run!

Oh, is Tribes2maps still working? I can't download any maps from them and its been like that for a week or so now.
    A database error has occurred.
    Please notify [email protected] of this problem.
    QUERY: UPDATE maps SET downloads = downloads + 1 WHERE id = 2852
    SQL Error: Unknown column 'downloads' in 'field list'

• I sent Sfphinx a message... he might not know about the database problems.

Heck, he might not yet have heard about tribesnext so I let him know about it too ;)
  • He's heard. He's on our IRC a lot.
  • I had to register just to give Lagg an paws up. I just recently reinstalled Tribes2 and dug up all the bot maps. I was blown away (in the literial sense) by Laggs bot maps.

I cannot wait to see what you are able to put togther next.
    I toyed with my classic scripting to have 32 bots running, and when I start up one of laggs maps with a full load.. its beautiful chaos.

All you need to do is scipt a bot to run up when you die and shout "TeaBag! TeaBag!" while jumping on your corpse and it'd almost be like the old Public server days. Only the bots dont shoot me in the back for trying to get in a shrike.

[glow=lime,2,300]Basterni[/glow]
  • edited February 2009

That works, thanks! :)

**EDIT**
    Here are all the maps rolled into one map pack.
    Lagg_Alot Map Pack - vl2

If that doesn't work here are all the maps just zipped up in their original vl2 file format.
    Lagg_Alot Map Pack - Zip
  • Thanks threat, Im going to give these a run and see how they are :D
  • Two things:

1: Is there some kind of mod or standalone version with these bots? I'd be interested in bots that fly vehicles and/or smarter bots all around for one of my projects.

2: Do they just fly shrikes? Or do they go for any vehicle, as I'd be curious to know if they would work in a mod environment.
  • Lagg's bots pilot tanks, shrikes, grav cycles, bombers, and MPBs if I remember correctly.
  • Hey lagg I wrote(uses the term loosely ;)) a mod called Triumph while I was still using the name REDmosquito. One of my cohorts (PinkPanther) on that mod implemented your botAI to work with triumph and it really was a great success. The bots were just unbelievably improved from the base version. So a big thanks for your work on that.

I have a question for you though, in what .cs do the bots decide what armor they spawn in. I am making a mod now that bans users from mediums and heavys, its an instagib style affair with only one damaging weapon. Anyway some of the bots still appear in game as heavies and mediums without any guns and just wander around like dipshits. Is there a way to limit them to light armor?
  • aiInventory.cs

I remember there was a LaggsDefault3 file with a similar name.
  • Hello there!
    First of all, thank you SO much for these amazing bots, Lagg-Alot! I haven't played Tribes 2 regularly since 2001-2003 and sadly I never checked for community contributions back then. Shame! I'm actually on your server right this instant enjoying your "Raptor" map - the (proper!) bomber crews remind me of the good old days... Tailgunners actually making use of flares again - most humans seem unable to think that far ahead, it seems, hehe. How did you do that?
    Also, pardon my ignorance if that is a stupid question: (how) do I get these bots to work on a listen server? Whenever I create a server of my own and load e.g. "Raptor" bots show pretty much standard behaviour - except some make use of the missile launcher from time to time - but no vehicles whatsoever. Am I missing something?
    Anyway, thank you very much indeed for these scripts, it's highly appreciated!
  • I think "Raptor" was some of his earlier maps. Try his siege maps like "Stranglehold" and "Aztec Temple".
  • I see! Cheers, Eolk!
    So the maps on Lagg's server are all newer, modified versions (you have to try out Raptor and Hillside and Katabatic with his bots!) - any chance they can be downloaded someplace?
  • Thanks for all the input guys. Lex i had to write a lot of code to get them piloting. I am searching for a good terrain for a server side map. I tried (to no avail) to get the Tribesnext crew to add some more maps to a mandatory download. That would give all us mappers more canvas to work with with. But programmers are programmers. They don't understand mapping. Some of the latest server side maps are getting pretty desperate in an attempt to make something different. Like staking building on top of each other. We really need the auto download thingy implemented. If it is even possible. That is the biggest hold up to a new map. finding a server side terrain that inspires a good idea. I tried working with Scarabrea base but there is no hope the creator of that interior botched it for bots. Shuts are to narrow for the Nav graph to draw. Ideas, ideas, need something ..........
  • They said they are going to consider it. However, priorities are priorities. They're trying to get the system stable before they do anything else.
  • One of the zods did a scarabrae with the right numbers for bots, dunno if the map is still around or not.
  • One of the zods did a scarabrae with the right numbers for bots, dunno if the map is still around or not.

ZOD changed the INTERIOR file to a different base that did work for Bots. But Have No Fear Lagg... has an idea. Pray it works and I just may supprize you with the best Bot map I ever made. With my version 4 Bots. Very nasty.
  • Hello there!
    First of all, thank you SO much for these amazing bots, Lagg-Alot! I haven't played Tribes 2 regularly since 2001-2003 and sadly I never checked for community contributions back then. Shame! I'm actually on your server right this instant enjoying your "Raptor" map - the (proper!) bomber crews remind me of the good old days... Tailgunners actually making use of flares again - most humans seem unable to think that far ahead, it seems, hehe. How did you do that?
    Also, pardon my ignorance if that is a stupid question: (how) do I get these bots to work on a listen server? Whenever I create a server of my own and load e.g. "Raptor" bots show pretty much standard behaviour - except some make use of the missile launcher from time to time - but no vehicles whatsoever. Am I missing something?
    Anyway, thank you very much indeed for these scripts, it's highly appreciated!

Did you DELETE all .dso files?
  • Get on it laggy!
  • I just may supprize you with the best Bot map I ever made. With my version 4 Bots. Very nasty.

I may need to go get a towel to sit on.

[glow=lime,2,300]Basterni[/glow]