High Ping Across all Servers

I can see and connect to the servers just fine, but I do not have a ping under 600 on any of them. All other players in the servers have average pings, but me. Others games I have tried ping 30-100, very normal for my connection. I have not been able to figure out why Tribes is so high. The server list shows high ping as well so I assume its not a graphical problem, but a connection problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Have you set affinity? See the FAQ.
  • Yes i set the affinity to one using the Task Manager. None of the FAQs seem to address this problem.
  • That's really wierd. Network settings are good?
  • My network seems to be good. Everything else works normally. Right now most servers are 250-400 ping. Lower than last night, but still high. I have found one server "AerialDogfight" that pings ~40. Anyone have any ideas why one server out of the total would be good while the rest fluctuate from bad to horrible?
  • It might be some sort of packet QoS on UDP on your residence hall connection. I've seen UDP placed on a lower priority bracket than TCP when behind certain filtering hardware.
  • That makes sense. If thats the case theres not much I can do to fix it correct? Either way I'm really enjoying playing Tribes again even if I have to aim all funky.
  • buddy of mine is having the same problems last i heard
  • Sadly since the last update that I downloaded, all the servers that I join with affinity are a bit laggy. Even though it says my ping is 16 in some of the server it's still laggy for me. But before the patch it was fine. I don't know if that has to do with it, but I can be wrong but it's weird.
  • If it is a deprioritization of UDP, the only real solution is to VPN to another network that isn't subject to the same restrictions, while using a non-UDP VPN transport. The latter part is especially tricky, because most VPN transports are over UDP, and would be affected in the same way.
  • Well I seem to have found a way to fix this issue thats very strange. If I host a game then when it starts exit out and go to the Join tab all my pings are normal. I thought maybe it wouldnt last and would revert back to huge lag, but it was ~50 for a whole 30 min match. I have no idea really how hosting helps, but it does. I checked before hosting and its 600, after its 50. Seems after I exit all of T2 that I need to rehost to lower my ping as well.