Clan Support?

While browsing servers today, I noticed several player's whose clan tags were gold. I thought this feature was not presently supported. What am I missing here?

Comments

• Probably elite haxz0rs.
  • Probably elite haxz0rs.

Or server-sided scripts.
  • it's server side I do that with my mods and bots.
  • They must have hacked the gibson.
  • Server side clan support for TribeNext will be in the RC2 patch, which I plan to release this week.

I'll start working on the client side UIs and centralized backend for the clan system as soon as I finish the RC2 patch.
  • Can't wait for the patch! ;D.Thanks for all the hard work. Maybe can you do a little fix/hack so we could use some of the illegal character for our tags like dots etc. ;D
  • :) HoooRaaahhhhhh 8) You Rock ::)
    Thanks
    RB10
  • Nice, can't wait, already have a group of guys that are going to "clan up" with.
  • *BUMP* What's the verdict on the tags? any progress?
  • That thing is heavily outdated. I was pretty sure Thyth was planning on map downloaders in RC3...
  • I've run into a set of significant issues with the Ruby interpreter update as part of fixing the patch under Wine (Ruby 1.9.0 deadlocks). Ruby MRI 1.9.1 inexplicably crashes when performing file IO in the embedded mode, which is immensely aggravating. Ruby 1.8.7 doesn't support non-Ruby related threads in the same process, which is necessary to kill off the stale instances of the interpreter when the game crashes, thus necessitating the "upgrade" to the newest version.

I don't have a whole lot of time to work on the patch, and most of what little I do spend is spent trying to fix this Ruby issue. I have little bits and pieces coming together out of the order specified in the development roadmap (map transfer and anticheat are designed and partly implemented).
  • currently, clams are not supported