"the server detected a problem with your request.."

I get this when I try to create an account (for the first time), i chose key strength 768, filled out account name and password but whenever i click Finish it says

"The server detected a problem with your request and could not create an account."

I've tried changing both the account name and the password, but it still says it. :(

Ideas?

Comments

• Try a clean installation of tribes 2 then patch with the last patch.
  • This can happen if the key generation fails. In most cases, you should be able to resolve the problem simply by restarting the game and going through the process again.

How long did it take you to generate your key? If it was next to instant, you are either not running the patched version of the game, or the patch failed to install.
  • I have found that hitting ~ to bring up the console and entering
    $IPv4::InetAddress = "xx.xxx.xxx.xxx";
    where x= my IP
    works for me
  • So my friend is desperately trying to create an account, and we've tried changing the encryption method or whatever to 769 or what have you, and tried using the console, and that doesn't work either. Every time we try to get it to work, it doesn't! Is there some kind of troubleshoot or something we can try? It might be a problem with the router, because I can't even connect to create a new name either.
  • Make sure you're running TribesNext RC2 or newer.