Tribes 2 Veterans

I've played Tribes 2 since April, 2001 and I don't plan to quit anytime soon. I've played almost every mod out there, seen the begining of construction, and the fall of many mods. My personal favorite mods are Ninja Mod, BONES Mod, and Quantium 2.8 (Yeah that's right. Quantium 2.8, surprising isn't it?)

I wanted to know if there are any other T2 vets that recently came back. Maybe we could slaughter some noobs some time. :)

Comments

• 95% of people playing this are going to be vets.
  • Well, I used to be a Vet, but sadly I have not fired up T2 in way too long. I started playing it back when it first came out, I've been a Tribes fan since the first Tribes game.
    My mod of choice was always Syrinx......good times. I really would like to get back into this like I used to be.
    It's been a long time old friend.
  • Eww Quantium. I personally always thought Sun Quan was a script kiddie.
  • edited January 2009
    Eww Quantium. I personally always thought Sun Quan was a script kiddie.

Yes, he is a script kiddie. But I had some good times and good laughs then, and that version of Quantium wasn't as gay as QX. Good times. But Ninja Mod and BONES are way better in my opinion.
    95% of people playing this are going to be vets.

No shit. I didn't ask how many people are vets, I'm asking WHO they are. Maybe you should learn to read. And, 95% of the people I've seen on lately are noobs. Most don't even know how to change their loadout and run around in spawn gear.
  • This is the question I read:
    I wanted to know if there are any other T2 vets that recently came back.

And all my post meant was that the answer is yes. So chill.
  • Well if you are asking who the vets are I guess I'll chime in. In tribes 1 I was mostly arena and played with folks like martha stewart and marky mark(If anyone remembers those days). Got to see the wears form up. In tribes 2 I was a shriker....unless you were into shrikes even slightly you probably didn't know me though.
  • Old vet here - chiming in.... Original name was Drakan, and used to run RYTS back when game started, then changed name to ImaNoob. Been continuing to play T2 since April 01', and still say its one of the best games of all time IMHO.
  • Well if you are asking who the vets are I guess I'll chime in. In tribes 1 I was mostly arena and played with folks like martha stewart and marky mark(If anyone remembers those days). Got to see the wears form up. In tribes 2 I was a shriker....unless you were into shrikes even slightly you probably didn't know me though.

Familiar name, and I'm a very good shrike pilot so I'm into them as well. :)
  • edited January 2009
    Likewise, I think when the community becomes so secluded like this - all you really will have are veterans and returning players by word-of-mouth. Which hey, means that by Darwinian standards - there should be some sharp challenges on the servers with people who are skilled and knowledgeable of the game. Not bad.

While I think it will be our playground of a past era (figuratively), I think advertising T2's online return would help bolster the #'s we'd see online even if it will be purely veterans. I'm not opposed to gunning down some newbies; everyone needs a bit 'o cannon fodder. But for every serious newbie looking to get his game on, you get about five rejects proportionally.

Oh, and I have way too many aliases: Darkhaze, Dark-One, y0da, Unstoppable, Rawheat. Played Tribes 1 forever (6+ years; a few ladders: OGL, TW, Teamplay.net, etc.), Tribes 2, and *cringe* T:V when my previous addictions dried up. Played base (T1), Renegades (T1), RPG (T1), & base/classic (T2). Nothing really has quite come out on the market that has ever lived up to the gameplay style and pace of T1/T2. I remember it being a breath of fresh air coming from the Quake 2 MP days.
  • Blnukem- Eh I used to be one of the best shrikers in the game. Was usually on the aerial dogfight servers...Wish it was like riding a bike, but my rusty butt is around the game a little now(since last night). Still hoping an aerial dogfight server pops up...

Unstoppable- Yeah advertising would bring in more folks. Though I think people are holding off till the build is solid enough. Don't want new folks coming in running into bugs and forgetting about it altogether.

Remember though tribes 1 was not overly popular till it became a free game even if it was not legally so. So if this gets ironed out theres a good chance of it working out.
  • Unstoppable- Yeah advertising would bring in more folks. Though I think people are holding off till the build is solid enough. Don't want new folks coming in running into bugs and forgetting about it altogether.

Remember though tribes 1 was not overly popular till it became a free game even if it was not legally so. So if this gets ironed out theres a good chance of it working out.

Right, makes sense. Especially about the buggy aspects being ironed out before you guys go full throttle on the advertising campaign. I'll probably share this with a few other level-headed and patient tribes players who won't mind running into the bugs if it'll help with a reemergence of activity (which is what we're all hoping for I think).
  • I'd consider myself a T2 vet I guess. I always played T1 a lot more, but I remember that I used to be a godly sniper in T2. I could stand in one area and pick people off before they could even get to me, over and over.
  • Glad to see this project here.

T1 player and mapper, and T2 player, mapper, and modder. Became fearsome in the shrike, and since lost my ability to fly it after playing Planetside, and the Reaver reprogrammed my brain. :)

• Glad to see this project here.

T1 player and mapper, and T2 player, mapper, and modder. Became fearsome in the shrike, and since lost my ability to fly it after playing Planetside, and the Reaver reprogrammed my brain. :)

I hear that years of no tribes 2 and I've been accidently hitting space to try and make my shrike go up. Ooops. Nice to see ya popped in though necro.
  • I've been playing Tribes ever since it was just called Earthsiege. All of their games are fun.
  • Great to see Necrobones and other vets here. I'm glad to see Tribes 2 wasn't just my own personal obsession ;)
  • i'm a vet.....but i was never good. Classic CTF on kata has always been my fav. i've been playin since about '02. never was a fan of many mods.
  • i'm a vet.....but i was never good. Classic CTF on kata has always been my fav. i've been playin since about '02. never was a fan of many mods.

Most mods do suck, like War2003 for example. But that's my opinion.
  • While mods can enhance gameplay if you're looking for something new, nothing beats good ol' fashioned Tribes 2. :D
  • i'm currently downloading the game. i'm a tribes 1 and tribes 2 vet. i stopped playing around 2002 due to some serious RL issues, and i'm looking forward to checking out the game again. i had a lot of good times, more specifically with tribes 1. i was disappointed with vengenace and it's lack of community. hopefully there will be a tribes 4 someday.
  • ive never played before but my friend said its a good game so im trying it so far i love the shriek fighter and useing my claok pack and shock lance to kill people muhaha
  • Remember SPAM? Yeah, that's right, I was one of em.
  • I've played Demo most of my Tribes2 time..rougly about 2 yrs of T2 demo Totally. Been playing Full for a little while now and I own most T2 Vets. :P
  • whats up?

Back to T2 from 2002. I've played mostly Renagades mod and some base. Hopefully somebody can get a server up running that. Otherwise c you all on there.
  • I played on and off since 01, I used to watch my step brother play more so. he was in Aus clan SpS they were a pretty decent aussie clan in T1, I dont think they played a lot of T2 tho.
  • Great to find Tribes 2 alive and well. I remember back in the base, base++, and later the classic mod days. I loved T2 for many years and when I get off work I'm gonna download and try this patch out.

Personally base++ was my favorite way to play. I also loved Minrabbit a whole lot.
  • I don't know if i can be called a vet but I played tribes religiously for a while back in the day (base, revmod2, meltdown2, construction) and really am looking forward to doing roadkills and backlances again ^^
  • Personally, I wouldn't call myself a veteran as it sounds way too snobbish and reminds me of how many years I've aged ever since I bought that game on the first of its release. With the release of Tribes: Vengeance, I didn't only lose my interest in the franchise but sadly, my password to my T2-account as well. Guess what? There wasn't any more Sierra Customer Service to retrieve that problem. ^_^
    Anyway, The_Kaioshin, former member of Team Spider in the Ladder.com and Eurotribes-League or whatever. Feared and defamed by my enemies as the worst chainwhore ever in existence (I've got pretty good at shock-lancing and midairing, though. Thanks, Kekskopf!) and reliable teammate for all the dull and boring jobs.
    We'll meet again, Shazbot!
  • T:V killed me from playing ANY PC game. What a load of crap ...
  • Wot means tribes?!

lulz.