Error Message Even with Tribes 2 CD

New to the site, very old tribes 2 player.

I have the Tribes 2 CD from way back then.
I installed the game and downloaded and installed the update 25034. So far so good, but my problem starts right after i install the Tribes Next Patch.
whether I click for solo or multiplayer i get an error message saying
is not a vaild win32 app.
I read a post that had the same problem but mine is getting the error message after the patch. Anytime before that it works with no problem. After i post this i will uninstall everything again to start freash.
Is there any extra things i have to download? should i not use the CD and just download tribes next verison?

Comments

• If the executable is genuinely at 25034, the patch should apply without any problems. Run a checksum on the Tribes2.exe file after installing from CD and patching to 25034. The results should be as follow:

MD5(Tribes2.exe)= 188cbf910fa40e56b7c9382113e15cc9
    SHA1(Tribes2.exe)= 0e1af0b89ec571305fac241c8907987130f30bab

After patching, the results should be:
    MD5(Tribes2.exe)= 766bc1bd4fde4c59f44093df8bbefa6b
    SHA1(Tribes2.exe)= 55cdfe2b360233def9a06a7a45ce8df3a319cbfb

If, for some reason, the pre-patching checksums do not match what I have above, running the TN patcher will in almost complete certainty corrupt the executable (and you will get post-patch checksums that are also different).

If you continue to have problems, download the GSI via bit-torrent.
  • Hey thanks man i was able to get the program to go online. But i ran into another problem lol.
    Now i can't create an account because it keeps saying how the server is offline or unreachable. I have no antiviruses up or firewall, But there is my belkin wireless router between me and my modem, could that be the cause? What would i have to do in order to get pass this problem. Thanks for the help man, really.
  • If you are running into issues resolving the account server, please read this FAQ entry: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=464.0