A couple questions about mods

OK I am in no way new to tribes and I've had the game for years. But I never really got into Mods for tribes. I have downloaded tones of maps and stuff but I have just a few simple questions. For starters if I download a mod will it be used as default or are the mod files only accsesed if the server specifies? Second will I have to start each mod seperatly or like I said earlier will the server just access them when needed? I'd really like to try some mods but I dont want it to screw up my just playing classic which is what I like the best so far. Also any general information about mods like the best ones or anything like that would be great too. Anyone got some answers? 8)

Comments

• mods are server specific, whatever mod the server is using, that's what you'll play, nothing should be changed on your end.

scripts are specific to your game client if you choose to download any

most mods don't require additional downloads by you, some may.
  • So I played meltdown2 for like a year or two (?) back before tribes died. AND IT WAS AWESOME. I feel like you can be pretty creative with your approach because there are a variety of options and it's a fairly well balanced mod. Lots of creative stuff. Mostly I prefer being an engineer and running base defense/setting up cleverly placed forward bases (putting them in the enemy base is pretty fun). OR being a blastech (which is an armor that is immune to explosions but really vulnerable to everything else, has TONS OF JET ENERGY but no recharge without a generator nearby (or you can use your elf class laser) and it has a pretty cool vehicle transformation pack that I use to do some awesome midair shocklancing). Cloaking is also pretty fun and being a heavy gives you some ultra badass options too. plus a variety of vehicles which are all kinda cool for the most part. And I really like playing it in Arena.

Speaking of vehicles, Team Aerial Combat 2 is also pretty good, but I never played it enough to really have as much to say about it as I do about md2. I feel like with a big game going, though, and some friends playing, it could be great.