TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Tribes 2 >  Strategies and Guides >  Thundersword Bomber Guide! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Thundersword Bomber Guide!
RADARrevolt81
Nugget

View Profile
15: May 21, 2011, 04:49:50 PM »
In response to the question of what pack the TG should use, I only see 2 choices. Repair and Ammo. Sensor Jammer is useless. I personally always pick Ammo pack for one very good reason, FLARES!!! The more the merrier!! The Repair pack should be worn by either the pilot or bombadier for emergency landing and repair, preferably outside the mission area. The other passenger may choose to use the Sensor Jammer in a landing scenario, but I've rarely seen it done.

Statistically, a skilled bomber crew can get in 3 to 4 good passes over the enemy base before being destroyed, without repair. Thats why I say the TG should choose the Ammo pack. You may lose the ability to repair mid-air, but you gain the ability to ward off missile and shrike attacks for a longer amount of time.

-RADARrevolt81-

Talk your devils down...
Purest
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
16: May 22, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
^ You're most skilled at trolling. My hats off to you.
blazzingroach
Nugget³

View Profile
17: May 23, 2011, 08:52:39 AM »
Tailgunner should first suit up with a remote inventory station.
First run is to establish a forward repair/rearm base some where behind enemy or out of bounds.
A remote base and having a competent crew will keep a Thundersword in operation the entier game.
BOMBS AWAY!

BLAZE ON!
Phantom139
Scout

View Profile WWW
18: May 23, 2011, 12:53:08 PM »
Tailgunner should first suit up with a remote inventory station.
First run is to establish a forward repair/rearm base some where behind enemy or out of bounds.
A remote base and having a competent crew will keep a Thundersword in operation the entier game.
BOMBS AWAY!

I agree here, It's usually a good idea to suit up with a remote inventory. Have the tailgunner set up the exterior outpost while the other two bomb the enemy base, while the enemy is focused on the bomber, take whatever objective is needed.

It's all about the moment, and setting up the perfect time slot for attacking.

Bio:
Founder/Creator Phantom Games Development.
Tribes 2 Modder, T3D Owner and Developer
Site:
www.phantomdev.net
cnaeus
Nugget²

View Profile
19: August 22, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »
Sensor Jammer is useless. I personally always pick Ammo pack for one very good reason, FLARES!!!

Well, missile turrets an AA turrets can cause quite a trouble on some maps, in which case a Sensor Jammer comes quite handy. As for flares - the pilot or the bombardier can always toss ammo to the tailgunner, and thats a much faster process than repairing the vehicle on the ground. Furthermore, the midair repair ability came quite handy in many times, especially when being AA/chaingunned, not to mention that it, again, saves a lots of time, which is quite important cuz collecting crew for the TSW is most often a pain...
just sayin.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything