O Sniping and vPad sniping... why you should do it!

Hello there,

Recently I've noticed alot of hostility against me on Goons Haven. Partly because I'm an peasant asshole it seems but mostly because of my playing style. This post is really to help other players who like to O Snipe (offensive sniping),vPad sniping (Vehicle Pad) and even iPad sniping (the latest product from Apple..sniping inventory stations) who may be put off from doing it by people crying and complaining..but don't listen to them. Here are some very good reasons to do it...

First of.. O Sniping... People seem to get very upset if you happen to use a Sniper Rifle for offensive purposes. Of course they can't do much apart from cry calling it lame and saying you suck. I know, its very shocking to use a weapon like a sniper rifle for offensive reasons

Comments

• O-sniping isn't the most useful position in the world, but it's a decent way to distract the defense and soften up farms and stuff, particularly if you've got other 20 people on your team to play all the other positions that need to be played. I don't usually do it, but I don't mind people who do 'cuz I play ld/lof with a LR a lot and sniper duels are fun (esp. when you can duck behind something and get more health and the other person can't :P). The only time o-sniping drives me crazy is when I'm trying to lof on a flagstand like the one in sector-1 that has no room to dodge, no place to hide from o-snipers, and is visible for miles around. It's not a problem when your team has other snipers playing around the flag to cover you, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to happen much on that map.
  • Sniping of any form is Blakhart approved.
  • never an excuse for o sniping. long before yuo started playing and for a long long time people have tried to find a balance.

o sniping was condemed by templayers.

continue to o snipe i might have to start playing again just to shocklance your ass. and i don't lay with cloaking pack.
  • edited September 2012
    dunno but this should be obvious, its not always super hard to snipe players in the air, just get them at the apex of their jetting as they slow down to fall. considering the angle of the shot is also useful, good to have max surface area with which to snipe. i use the script that lets u interp different values for all weps, the chain gun settings seem to work well for sniping. but yes o sniping seems to have a decent effect at least for slowing down the enemy or distracting them
  • I do O-snipe on occasion.
    -rJay
  • edited October 2012
    You find that type of behavior no matter what game you play.
    Call of Duty for example, certain weapons altogether were frowned upon (IE: "Noob Tube" -- the barrel mounted grenade launcher), why? If they think it's so overpowered or whatever else then they should go yell at the company that made the game, not the users.
    I once had someone scream at me over voice chat because I ended a game with an unrealistic kill on him -- a throwing knife to the back of the ankle.
    I've also had several people get mad at me for using the same weapon throughout the match.
    Some people got angry at me using a certain type of sniper rifle or how I sniped (IE: "Hardscoping" nobody seems to like, it's quick scope or gtfo)
    ... the list goes on.
    However, perhaps CoD was a bad example but it's the only thing I remember wasting my time playing.

Personally I don't get many kills in Tribes 2 as I can't aim for the life of me but I do grab that flag and never ever look back as I didn't want to distract myself from my very fast flag run since nobody usually is able to get me anyhow.

Nobody seems to know how to behave so I don't even play multiplayer games anymore, albeit how funny some people's reactions can be.