TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  General Discussion >  Petition: Help is requested by Thyth to get Clans and Tags back! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Petition: Help is requested by Thyth to get Clans and Tags back!
Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
30: May 26, 2014, 03:47:08 PM »
not enless darkDragonDX finishes it before then

I'm waiting on Thyth to look into the broken EMail which seems to be an issue on his side. The server also returns a not implemented error when attempting to set your warrior profile picture but it works for clans. There's also a bug that I still have to nail down that involves the buddy list, but beyond that there doesn't seem to be much I can do until the EMail issue is looked into since the Email system is how you'd accept tribe invitations anyhow.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:48:51 PM by Liukcairo »

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Supposedly Einstein
F9
Nugget

View Profile
31: May 26, 2014, 03:59:02 PM »
or by the t2 web stats website is another way
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
32: May 26, 2014, 04:11:23 PM »
great news DX and thanks for all your efforts and if there is anything I can do, please let me [email protected]

I'm waiting on Thyth to look into the broken EMail which seems to be an issue on his side. The server also returns a not implemented error when attempting to set your warrior profile picture but it works for clans. There's also a bug that I still have to nail down that involves the buddy list, but beyond that there doesn't seem to be much I can do until the EMail issue is looked into since the Email system is how you'd accept tribe invitations anyhow.

Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
33: May 26, 2014, 04:23:24 PM »
great news DX and thanks for all your efforts and if there is anything I can do, please let me [email protected]

There wasn't much to do but merge it with the existing T2csri.vl2 to produce a standalone one, modify some of the scripts to make sure everything occurs in the proper order regardless of the time it took (some of it was based on schedules, a bit unreliable) and to activate the Browser and EMail tabs when everything is primed. After we know a bit more about the EMail troubles then there's some work left to allow tribe invitations to work.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 04:26:26 PM by Liukcairo »

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Supposedly Einstein
F9
Nugget

View Profile
34: May 26, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »
and some possible GUI fixing so then everything matches in color and scheme
Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
35: May 26, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »
and some possible GUI fixing so then everything matches in color and scheme

Everything does match. It uses the original EMail and browser UI's in the game.

GeEkOfWiReS1097
Nugget²

View Profile
36: May 26, 2014, 06:15:24 PM »
This isn't some separate sign-up website. It uses your T2 account and unless someone updates the T2 in-game client it's your only point and click option. Anyway, it has seen enough interest to justify the few hours it took to put it up.

I'm not sure what a .net app would offer? Better security?

I think unless you are working on the in-game client you're wasting time.
What the meaning behind my post was that players are only going to want to deal 100% in-game.

If your problem can't be solved, you haven't dug deep enough.
Avoid re-posting a question that has been answered and we can prevent forum clutter:
Search with me.
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
37: May 26, 2014, 06:19:34 PM »
it is looking good in game, just seeing some tags and everyone wanting to know how and where Cheesy

I agree, it needs to be in game,too, as it was originally is maybe best, though the neat part about is being able to do externally from web browser, as well...as optional way is really sweet..

This isn't some separate sign-up website. It uses your T2 account and unless someone updates the T2 in-game client it's your only point and click option. Anyway, it has seen enough interest to justify the few hours it took to put it up.

I'm not sure what a .net app would offer? Better security?

I think unless you are working on the in-game client you're wasting time.
What the meaning behind my post was that players are only going to want to deal 100% in-game.

GeEkOfWiReS1097
Nugget²

View Profile
38: May 27, 2014, 10:14:08 AM »
it is looking good in game, just seeing some tags and everyone wanting to know how and where Cheesy

I agree, it needs to be in game,too, as it was originally is maybe best, though the neat part about is being able to do externally from web browser, as well...as optional way is really sweet..

Oh, I absolutely think that the capability of looking on a website and viewing information would be cool too. I just was curious if the user could 100% handle things in-game, or if a mandatory part of the process was using the web browser at some point to get access to the features.

So let me get this straight now: The browser and email (T-Mail) portions of the game were implemented and do not 100% require a sign-up, the Tribes can be handled using your username with a user account signup (?), and basically everything is almost done.

Let me know if you all need my help with anything. I don't have much experience with Torque, or Ruby. I do have Java somewhat under my belt and C#, so I can still determine what issues can arise in the scripts.

If your problem can't be solved, you haven't dug deep enough.
Avoid re-posting a question that has been answered and we can prevent forum clutter:
Search with me.
Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
39: May 27, 2014, 04:31:31 PM »
I'd like to point out that it seems any efforts I have provided and was going to provide seems to be in vein. Since it seems nobody wants the ingame browser, as it seems in the Last Gasp IRC where pretty much all of the community is now.

teratos
Assault

View Profile
40: May 27, 2014, 04:58:08 PM »
So let me get this straight now: The browser and email (T-Mail) portions of the game were implemented and do not 100% require a sign-up, the Tribes can be handled using your username with a user account signup (?), and basically everything is almost done.

Let me know if you all need my help with anything. I don't have much experience with Torque, or Ruby. I do have Java somewhat under my belt and C#, so I can still determine what issues can arise in the scripts.
Tribes 2 / Tribes Next has a user account and password (as it always has).
The community features (player profiles, tribe profiles, tribe administration, player administration) use this account/password.
The online browser is just a point & click interface to the actual system - it uses the Tribes 2 account.

So there is no second account or sign-up.

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
Jack Booted Thug
Nugget³

View Profile
41: May 27, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »
I'd like to point out that it seems any efforts I have provided and was going to provide seems to be in vein. Since it seems nobody wants the ingame browser, as it seems in the Last Gasp IRC where pretty much all of the community is now.

Not in vain at all. There are many old skool players who would love to see the in game tmail and clan systems again, not to mention these tools would assist in any revival of the game.

The few in IRC are not representative of everyone.
Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
42: May 28, 2014, 06:01:43 AM »

Not in vain at all. There are many old skool players who would love to see the in game tmail and clan systems again, not to mention these tools would assist in any revival of the game.

The few in IRC are not representative of everyone.

I realize. It's however discouraging as a developer to be simply shot down like that because I'm "only a random lurker". It only reminded me of how much of an intelligence gap there is and why I stay away from most people. But whatever, it doesn't seem like it would take much work to finish anyway once the TMail issue is resolved.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:09:03 AM by Liukcairo »

teratos
Assault

View Profile
43: May 28, 2014, 07:03:32 AM »
Don't be so sensitive. slush half-trolling is hardly reason to ragequit.

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
rJay
Scout

View Profile
44: May 28, 2014, 07:47:55 AM »
Don't be so sensitive. slush half-trolling is hardly reason to ragequit.
Slush is on this thread??

>Kick slush!<

Romans 1:16
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines