TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Tribes 2 >  Strategies and Guides >  A newbie's guide: « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: A newbie's guide:
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
15: January 26, 2009, 07:32:28 AM »
It would be nice to see a script added to servers that could send the currently playing map to any player that needed it.
na85
Nugget³

View Profile WWW
16: January 26, 2009, 10:26:16 AM »
tribes2maps.com used to have an autodownload feature.  I'm not sure if it still works; you'd have to ask sfphinx.

MI6|DaKrzFkr
Nugget

View Profile
17: January 27, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »
and how about turrtes, can they be contoled by a command center like T1? if so how? Ive looked repeatedly through bases and invos for a portie command center, but I never see one. Is it just the "c" button now, with no need to be at a command center?
Shizuka
Assault

View Profile
18: January 27, 2009, 09:09:34 PM »
Yeah, command stas are now just the command circuit, default [C]. Turrets are listed under base assets or deployed assets, click little square to take control. Pretty sure those are the categories; I never take control of turrets.

The above is Shizuka Kamishima.
Why not?
na85
Nugget³

View Profile WWW
19: January 27, 2009, 09:38:48 PM »
Frankly taking control of a turret is a bad call 99% of the time and will get you yelled at in most servers.

MI6|DaKrzFkr
Nugget

View Profile
20: January 28, 2009, 02:35:44 AM »
Frankly taking control of a turret is a bad call 99% of the time and will get you yelled at in most servers.
tell that to the nOObs in GOON. I suppose every game has a server or 2 like that. IMO 64 peeps is WAY to many for a game like this.
Proxy_
Nugget²

View Profile
21: January 28, 2009, 11:24:56 AM »

In GOON (with 64 ppl playing) it could actually be useful to take controll of the turrets. Would prevent mortarturrets from killing teammates... if you can aim a bit.
Shizuka
Assault

View Profile
22: January 28, 2009, 01:40:46 PM »

In GOON (with 64 ppl playing) it could actually be useful to take controll of the turrets. Would prevent mortarturrets from killing teammates... if you can aim a bit.
Suppose it depends on where that mortar turret (or any barrel) is. If it could do better with an AA barrel and on its own, I think you should go that route, as AA might lead targets better. But if the mortar is in an odd spot and you can suppress well (I'm thinking Riverdance here), manual control could be the best way to go.

It's always dependent on the map.

Why not?
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
23: January 28, 2009, 03:48:12 PM »
Controlling turrets in mino can be quite entertaining.
Shizuka
Assault

View Profile
24: January 28, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »
There's some guide to being an Annoying Bastard (there's a link here somewhere) that has a very amusing strategy. Basically you get one guy to get into the enemy gen room with a clamp turret, and as soon as they set it up, you, a long way away and safe, take control of it and destroy the generators. When someone comes down to fix them, you keep control (so it doesn't shoot), and wait for the guy to leave before opening fire on the gens again.

I doubt it would ever be that coordinated on a pub server like Goon Haven, just from the large amount of chaos, but that would be an awesome strategy to see happen.

Why not?
Shadowex3
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
25: January 31, 2009, 11:37:43 PM »
http://www.dansdata.com/t2bastard.htm

I've done it, it actually can be surprisingly effective IF you have more patience than buddha and the entire enemy team is deaf to the sound that a clamp turret makes (or you get them so paranoid about cloakers they just always assume one's running around). Personally if you absolutely MUST control a turret go stick an AA barrel on a turret and use your human ability to lead targets intelligently to turn it into a spike turret's big brother.

Retro-tardedness aside doesn't the plasma rifle also ignore shields?

Who the hell are you?
I the hell am Harry
Are you always a wiseass?
No. Sometimes I'm asleep.
WiiMote
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
26: February 01, 2009, 12:25:16 PM »
No, plasma does not ignore shields..  The fact that it has a decent rate of fire, and a small splash, means it's great for eating through shields.

Formally ElectricMindFunk
Shadowex3
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
27: February 02, 2009, 05:19:46 AM »
Right, must've been from one of the bajillion mods everyone used to run except base.

Who the hell are you?
I the hell am Harry
Eolk
Global Moderator

View Profile
28: February 02, 2009, 05:35:01 PM »
The blaster ignores shields, however, it's not very powerful.
Shadowex3
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
29: February 02, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »
That just makes it even better when Mr. Immovable Object in the attic forgets they bounce and get's zotted to death by ~8 angry spawners while frantically wondering why his shieldpack isn't helping.

Who the hell are you?
I the hell am Harry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything