TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Support >  Notice of server downtime: 2015-08-16 to ~2015-09-04 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Notice of server downtime: 2015-08-16 to ~2015-09-04
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »
In about 6 weeks, I'm going to be taking the TribesNext account server, and the TribesNext browser server down for about 1 week. The machine these services are running on is going to be retired, and I'll be moving its contents into a VM on a new box in a west coast data center. Since there are a few terabytes of data on this server, I'll be moving the data by sneaker net, and I'll need to load the data onto the new system prior to installing it in the data center -- this process will take several days.

While these systems are offline:
  • You will not be able to create new TribesNext accounts.
  • You will not be able to download existing TribesNext accounts onto a new computer. (You may manually copy the *.store files in your Tribes2/GameData directory if you must move computers during downtime.)
  • No clan tags will show up on accounts that are members of clans.

You will be able to log in and play with existing accounts during the downtime.

Edit: Downtime extended to approximately September 4th.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:12:52 PM by Thyth »

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
rJay
Scout

View Profile
1: July 07, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »
Thanks for letting us know.  Grin

Romans 1:16
MagicMeep
Nugget

View Profile
2: July 18, 2015, 04:56:57 AM »
Thank you for the heads up.
Ravin
Nugget

View Profile
3: July 18, 2015, 07:19:10 PM »
Thanks Thyth for all your work on T2
GeEkOfWiReS1097
Nugget²

View Profile
4: July 19, 2015, 09:36:40 AM »
Thanks Thyth.

Noted and backed up my *.store files to avoid the issue I had late June.

If your problem can't be solved, you haven't dug deep enough.
Avoid re-posting a question that has been answered and we can prevent forum clutter:
Search with me.
Phantom139
Scout

View Profile WWW
5: July 21, 2015, 11:57:36 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Bio:
Founder/Creator Phantom Games Development.
Tribes 2 Modder, T3D Owner and Developer
Site:
www.phantomdev.net
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
6: August 16, 2015, 03:30:26 PM »
I'm beginning the downtime window as promised. See you on the other side in approximately one week.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
rJay
Scout

View Profile
7: August 16, 2015, 06:12:56 PM »
I'm beginning the downtime window as promised. See you on the other side in approximately one week.
I found you on YouTube. Great speaker you are. *yoda grunt*  Grin

Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
8: August 20, 2015, 08:05:58 PM »
Downtime is going to be at least an extra week. Aiming to bring services back online the week of August 31st.

Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
9: August 31, 2015, 09:18:59 PM »
Nothing is ever quite as smooth as I'd like. At last, today, almost all of the new server hardware has arrived (inc. server itself, CPUs, RAM, drives), and has been tested and verified as functional. I was going to begin hypervisor and OS installation this evening, after which restoration of the retired server backup could proceed quite quickly.

Unfortunately, the hard drive mounting screws that came with my new disks protrude slightly when installed in the hot swap trays. This protrusion is enough to block insertion of the drives into the bays. Shit. Screwed by screws.

While I seek suitably sized substitute screws, suppose stagnation.

More updates as I have them.

rJay
Scout

View Profile
10: September 02, 2015, 07:25:15 PM »
Nothing is ever quite as smooth as I'd like. At last, today, almost all of the new server hardware has arrived (inc. server itself, CPUs, RAM, drives), and has been tested and verified as functional. I was going to begin hypervisor and OS installation this evening, after which restoration of the retired server backup could proceed quite quickly.

Unfortunately, the hard drive mounting screws that came with my new disks protrude slightly when installed in the hot swap trays. This protrusion is enough to block insertion of the drives into the bays. Shit. Screwed by screws.

While I seek suitably sized substitute screws, suppose stagnation.

More updates as I have them.
Dang lol

pyrotechnomimus
Nugget

View Profile
11: September 04, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
Just wondering to see if the account creation server is likely to get back up again today?

No real rush, just hankerin' for some good ol' tribes 2 action again.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:40:18 PM by pyrotechnomimus »
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
12: September 04, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »
Looking like the week of the 14th is most realistic for getting this box online. I've been "unscrewed", but a couple of hardware issues came up during testing that I need to understand or resolve. Neither look show stopping, but I still need to understand impact.

Given the long delays, I'm going to attempt standing up a temporary version of the account server and database on one of my home systems over this weekend.

NoRC
Nugget

View Profile
13: September 08, 2015, 12:33:41 AM »
Of all the weeks for my hard drive to die and require a fresh install this is that week and the T2 system is offline.

I feel your pain and hope that it is back up again soon.
Jack Booted Thug
Nugget³

View Profile
14: September 09, 2015, 09:20:30 PM »
I hope it is up soon. Been trying to retrieve my account for quote some time. Sad

Anyway it is what it is and I am patient.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything