TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  General Discussion >  Houston Vehicles elite Tribes 2 Server Returns « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Houston Vehicles elite Tribes 2 Server Returns
charlie
Nugget

View Profile
15: February 08, 2009, 07:13:18 PM »
I never played this mod before. I'll give it a go when you are up and running.
WiiMote
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
16: February 08, 2009, 08:04:50 PM »
People already have a non-comp server, but with TD on. TD off is great for people that like to sit back and spam or satchel everything, but when the players affected by the spam (like cappers) realize there is a better alternative (servers with TD), they'll leave and then your mortar/satchel spammers will have nothing to do.

I'm sure the base server will do just fine.  The servers that have had TD off never had a problem in the past, what's different now?

Quote from: charlie
I never played this mod before. I'll give it a go when you are up and running.

Pretty sure the only difference in HV mod is that more vehicles are available to the team.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:08:16 PM by WiiMote »

Formally ElectricMindFunk
blindkilla
Scout

View Profile
17: February 08, 2009, 09:11:39 PM »
Take a deep breath.
I will exhale when ascension is released.
thebeaz
Waffe Des Gottes

View Profile
18: February 08, 2009, 09:13:21 PM »
Congrats, welcome back!

Goon Haven Owner and Superadmin
GoonHaven.org
Kryand
Assault

View Profile
19: February 08, 2009, 09:58:16 PM »
Are you also going to kick people who out-shrike your admins constantly just like back in the day?

WiiMote
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
20: February 08, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »
Only people I ever saw kicked were the players that were caught cheating, or bitched too much at the admins.  I played on HV and MV constantly when they were around.

Kryand
Assault

View Profile
21: February 09, 2009, 12:04:02 AM »
"Caught cheating". Where oh where have I heard that before...

WiiMote
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
22: February 09, 2009, 01:35:21 AM »
So you cheated?  Sounds fair to me.

I mentioned that I used a custom soundpack once that made hearing cloakers easier, got banned for it.  I removed the sound pack, emailed an admin about it, even stating that I honestly didn't have proof that I had removed said pack, but I saw their side of things and that I was sorry..  I got invited back.

Maybe a bit of humility is all that it takes?  I'm sure you showed plenty of that.  If it wasn't cheating, then look at the second reason.  The admins probably wouldn't take kindly to your attitude.

Really doesn't make a difference in the end anyways, does it?  Why would you care how they run the server now?  It's not classic, it's not worth your time, and you've made that abundantly clear.  So what's the purpose of even posting in a thread about a server that's running a BASE variation?

Kryand
Assault

View Profile
23: February 09, 2009, 02:18:41 AM »
Umm... what are you talking about? The point is: bad servers with bad server admins will kick people for being better than them claiming they were cheating. It happened on HV back in the day, happened on Rebels, and happens on any other server that is run by idiots. I am just doing what I have always done since I started posting here: making sure that this community stays informed of the facts.

PS. I wasn't even the one who was banned from HV. Wildcard was (one of the several). Remember him? He was on this forum being nice in several threads, and has always been that way. He sure as hell wasn't banned for his attitude; he was banned for being better than the admins. Plain and simple.

TheOracle[xXx]
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
24: February 09, 2009, 06:30:42 AM »
Kryand, the server has been up like two days. Lay off it.
Pig Destroyer
Nugget

View Profile
25: February 09, 2009, 06:44:02 AM »

PS. I wasn't even the one who was banned from HV. Wildcard was (one of the several). Remember him? He was on this forum being nice in several threads, and has always been that way. He sure as hell wasn't banned for his attitude; he was banned for being better than the admins. Plain and simple.

Im sorry your boyfriend got banned kyrand, it seems to be a serious issue and he is welcome to play. I have been a member of HV since the beggining pretty much, and I will tell you that there were a few admins that I couldnt stand. The admins that put this together were die hard t2 players and they have stuck together this whole time and they are really cool guys.

P.S. - Im not an admin just a player
blindkilla
Scout

View Profile
26: February 09, 2009, 08:10:10 AM »
Umm... what are you talking about? The point is: bad servers with bad server admins will kick people for being better than them claiming they were cheating. It happened on HV back in the day, happened on Rebels, and happens on any other server that is run by idiots. I am just doing what I have always done since I started posting here: making sure that this community stays informed of the facts.

I am an admin On HV and I can say that I have never banned anybody for being better than me thats just silly and I am sorry that this happened to your boyfriend really. That being said HV has gone through many changes over the years and the admin group as changed hands a few times over these years.I am pretty sure the admin that kicked your boyfriend and that admin group are not around anymore and we do things much different now then were done back then.
Myself and Terranova are the only admins That are around now that are the same.
I personally have only banned two people the Whole time I was one who just recently posted  on are forums and we are letting back on are server,The other actually was a player  who admitted that he used cheats in are forums.I cant speak for the other admins but now everyone has a clean slate and whats in the past should stay there for the good of the community we have now because things were different back then.

So I am sorry if I take it to heart if you attack the server.I just dont get the attitude of some people The old classic VS.Base debate is getting old and tired I happen to play both . I am just happy to bee playing tribes 2 again with some friends that I have known for years now.So have a good day hope to see you on the battlefield.
TheOracle[xXx]
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
27: February 09, 2009, 10:18:40 AM »
Played in the Houston server last night. I enjoyed it, most fun I've had since I reinstalled the game.
WiiMote
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
28: February 09, 2009, 10:52:55 AM »

Facts?  Sorta like your opinions as well?

I don't see why anyone should believe someone that claims subjectivity as fact.

Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
29: February 09, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »
"Played in the Houston server last night. I enjoyed it, most fun I've had since I reinstalled the game."

qft
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything