Houston Vehicles elite Tribes 2 Server Returns

edited February 2009 in General Discussion
PRESS RELEASE

For immediate release

Houston Vehicles elite “Where Machines Of War Blaze Paths Of Bloody Fury” The epicenter for team based combat, on an epic scale, returns to the Tribes 2 universe. Houston Vehicles elite would like to invite all |HV| members, friends and cannon fodder to stop by and say Hi! (vgh). Mark your calendars for Friday February 13, 2009. Fly a shrike or drop some bombs, attack those generators, it's up to you. We're in full production and open for business, thanks to our hard working admins. The Houston Vehicles elite server you knew and loved is back. All previous maps and scripts have been re-installed by our scripting guru, Wembly. He even has some ideas for new features. So let's populate the server.

Of course, all this would not be possible without the Tribes Next project. Houston Vehicles elite would like to thank the Tribes Next developers for their hard work and creative approach to finding a solution to the authentication problem after Sierra/Vivendi turned off the master servers.

Houston Vehicles elite, Tribes 2 server, returns with these features.

* HVadmin mod.
* No team damage.
* Vehicle eject/locking.
* 64 player capabilities.
* Bandwith pipe the size of.. Well it's big. Remember, it's a series of tubes.
* Intel Xeon processing power.
* Vehicle centric map rotation. Many maps modified and built exclusively for Houston Vehicles elite.
* Crazy Tricon 2 effects, used sparingly of course, muahahahaha!

The grand opening event will be on Friday February 13, 2009. Festivities will be running all day and the evening session should be pretty crazy. We wouldn't have it any other way. This is Houston Vehicles elite.

E-mail: [email protected]

|HV| Teamspeak: teamspeak://hvelite.com

Tribes Next: http://www.tribesnext.com

One final note. Let's get it on, with the killing.

Yours Truly.

The |HV| Admins

Comments

• edited February 2009
    just what we need, a super newbified server that lets idiots wallow in mediocrity for an eternity
    Happy thoughts and blessed bunnies to you all!
  • just what we need, a super newbified server that lets idiots wallow in mediocrity for an eternity

Sounds like the place for me!
  • can you make it so other teammates satchels won't damage my satchel?
  • just what we need, a super newbified server that lets idiots wallow in mediocrity for an eternity
    LoL this is what im talking about that great leet attitude I am so miss from days of comp play. What are you afraid of some of these so called newbs own your ass maybe? were not a comp server were a pub server main reason TD is off is so the admins dont havta deal with people complaining about being tked or having to deal with the people who Team kill people for the fun of it.
    That way the admins have alot less headaches to deal with and can actually
    play the game instead of babysit players the whole time understand. yes it may be newb friendly but you still have to aim where you shoot to kill your enemy.
    If you dont like it I am sorry if there enough people to vote TD it will pass and we will play with it on no big deal.Dont wanna start a flame war but I just dont get where the attitude is from I would think that after eight years of this game that most tribes players would have grown up by now maybe not.
    We are trying to offer something different for people that want to play base nothing more like we did on Houston Vehicles eight years ago.If you dont like it there are plenty of other great servers to play on and enjoy.But dont knock it till you try it these so called newbs may give you more game than you can handle. We welcome anyone who wants to play what I think is the best online game I have ever played.
    can you make it so other teammates satchels won't damage my satchel?
    sorry cant help you with that one.

Best regards, blindkilla
  • No, not as long as certain schools of thought which require as a part of their fundamental nature the constant broadcasting of their adherants superiority and the likewise constant insistence of everyone else's inferiority and deliberate persecution of said adherants are allowed to continue harassing the members of these forums without being held accountable for their utter disconnect from rationality.

In short: It's ALL a QiNgSPIRACY ZOMG!

Can we get a moderator to cut out these negative responses...
    Thanks in advance!
    i tell it like it is
  • Sounds great, the only thing I would be wary of is fridays, specifically evenings, is when ewo does its FNF deal, which is where a good portion of the base/vehicle lovers will be on fridays, and we all know splitting the community isnt a good idea. Maybe saturday or something would be better for a grand opening?
  • Keep it civil, or I stop deleting posts and just lock the thread.
  • Maybe this is what we get for playing a game where future humanity has fractured into tribes that bitterly aim to slaughter each other on a regular basis.

Or it could have something to do with us all building enemy bases right next to each other... can't imagine the neighborhood is great...
  • I'm excited to play some base. Not sure how i feel about no team damage, since it's usually just a headache for the O, but it'll be nice to have a lifespan of more than 20 seconds when the mortars start to fly around home base.
  • People already have a non-comp server, but with TD on. TD off is great for people that like to sit back and spam or satchel everything, but when the players affected by the spam (like cappers) realize there is a better alternative (servers with TD), they'll leave and then your mortar/satchel spammers will have nothing to do.
  • People already have a non-comp server, but with TD on. TD off is great for people that like to sit back and spam or satchel everything, but when the players affected by the spam (like cappers) realize there is a better alternative (servers with TD), they'll leave and then your mortar/satchel spammers will have nothing to do.
    So whats wrong with another I say? The reason we did this was because we saw some posts in here asking for a server that ran base like HV and MV did.So that is what we did.Funny I see tons of mortar span and satchel spammers on servers with classic mod and TD on all the time.How do I know well I like to play defense and by trade from my TWL and BEML days war a turret farmer and my turrets get blown up all the time by my own team with spam just a fact of the game.We are just offering a different choice like it or not.
  • Take a deep breath.
  • I never played this mod before. I'll give it a go when you are up and running.
  • edited February 2009
    People already have a non-comp server, but with TD on. TD off is great for people that like to sit back and spam or satchel everything, but when the players affected by the spam (like cappers) realize there is a better alternative (servers with TD), they'll leave and then your mortar/satchel spammers will have nothing to do.

I'm sure the base server will do just fine. The servers that have had TD off never had a problem in the past, what's different now?
    I never played this mod before. I'll give it a go when you are up and running.

Pretty sure the only difference in HV mod is that more vehicles are available to the team.
  • Take a deep breath.
    I will exhale when ascension is released.
  • Congrats, welcome back!
  • Are you also going to kick people who out-shrike your admins constantly just like back in the day?
  • Only people I ever saw kicked were the players that were caught cheating, or bitched too much at the admins. I played on HV and MV constantly when they were around.
  • "Caught cheating". Where oh where have I heard that before...
  • So you cheated? Sounds fair to me.

I mentioned that I used a custom soundpack once that made hearing cloakers easier, got banned for it. I removed the sound pack, emailed an admin about it, even stating that I honestly didn't have proof that I had removed said pack, but I saw their side of things and that I was sorry.. I got invited back.

Maybe a bit of humility is all that it takes? I'm sure you showed plenty of that. If it wasn't cheating, then look at the second reason. The admins probably wouldn't take kindly to your attitude.

Really doesn't make a difference in the end anyways, does it? Why would you care how they run the server now? It's not classic, it's not worth your time, and you've made that abundantly clear. So what's the purpose of even posting in a thread about a server that's running a BASE variation?
  • Umm... what are you talking about? The point is: bad servers with bad server admins will kick people for being better than them claiming they were cheating. It happened on HV back in the day, happened on Rebels, and happens on any other server that is run by idiots. I am just doing what I have always done since I started posting here: making sure that this community stays informed of the facts.

PS. I wasn't even the one who was banned from HV. Wildcard was (one of the several). Remember him? He was on this forum being nice in several threads, and has always been that way. He sure as hell wasn't banned for his attitude; he was banned for being better than the admins. Plain and simple.
  • Kryand, the server has been up like two days. Lay off it.

• PS. I wasn't even the one who was banned from HV. Wildcard was (one of the several). Remember him? He was on this forum being nice in several threads, and has always been that way. He sure as hell wasn't banned for his attitude; he was banned for being better than the admins. Plain and simple.

Im sorry your boyfriend got banned kyrand, it seems to be a serious issue and he is welcome to play. I have been a member of HV since the beggining pretty much, and I will tell you that there were a few admins that I couldnt stand. The admins that put this together were die hard t2 players and they have stuck together this whole time and they are really cool guys.

P.S. - Im not an admin just a player
  • Umm... what are you talking about? The point is: bad servers with bad server admins will kick people for being better than them claiming they were cheating. It happened on HV back in the day, happened on Rebels, and happens on any other server that is run by idiots. I am just doing what I have always done since I started posting here: making sure that this community stays informed of the facts.

PS. I wasn't even the one who was banned from HV. Wildcard was (one of the several). Remember him? He was on this forum being nice in several threads, and has always been that way. He sure as hell wasn't banned for his attitude; he was banned for being better than the admins. Plain and simple.
    I am an admin On HV and I can say that I have never banned anybody for being better than me thats just silly and I am sorry that this happened to your boyfriend really. That being said HV has gone through many changes over the years and the admin group as changed hands a few times over these years.I am pretty sure the admin that kicked your boyfriend and that admin group are not around anymore and we do things much different now then were done back then.
    Myself and Terranova are the only admins That are around now that are the same.
    I personally have only banned two people the Whole time I was one who just recently posted on are forums and we are letting back on are server,The other actually was a player who admitted that he used cheats in are forums.I cant speak for the other admins but now everyone has a clean slate and whats in the past should stay there for the good of the community we have now because things were different back then.

So I am sorry if I take it to heart if you attack the server.I just dont get the attitude of some people The old classic VS.Base debate is getting old and tired I happen to play both . I am just happy to bee playing tribes 2 again with some friends that I have known for years now.So have a good day hope to see you on the battlefield.
  • Played in the Houston server last night. I enjoyed it, most fun I've had since I reinstalled the game.

Facts? Sorta like your opinions as well?

I don't see why anyone should believe someone that claims subjectivity as fact.
  • "Played in the Houston server last night. I enjoyed it, most fun I've had since I reinstalled the game."

qft
  • You've obviously been brainwashed.. Classic is the only way to play Tribes 2, everything else is for the unwashed noob horde.

Heil Classic!