Bringing new players into the game....

I'm doing my part.....my 11 yr old son, 22short...If yer on a server and see him, cut him some slack...maybe try and show him the ropes.
22short1.JPG
22short2.JPG

Comments

• do you live in a prison?
  • Looks like a basement to me.

He looks like a happy fella. Good on ya, mate, for being so involved with your son. Too many dads aren't.
  • I will kill him and local taunt his body if I see him.
  • I'm more interested in that dual monitor setup in first pic(the one on the left)
    How is that done?
  • Well done; my sons will only play xbox games, even though T2 is on three pc's! :(
  • Oh I get it, you get the comfy spinny chair while he gets the 2 dollar platic one.
  • I'm more interested in that dual monitor setup in first pic(the one on the left)
    How is that done?

+1
    I've been trying to figure that out for a while, care to share how you did that?
  • Oh I get it, you get the comfy spinny chair while he gets the 2 dollar platic one.

lol
  • WHAT KIND OF A FATHER ARE YOU?

His monitor is smaller than your second one.

WTF, PRIORITIES!?!??!
  • Furthermore...in the first picture it kind of looks like his computer is a vacuum cleaner.
  • Furthermore...in the first picture it kind of looks like his computer is a vacuum cleaner.

No... the PC is off to the right on the desk, you just focus on the bottom! :D
    How is that done?

+1
    I've been trying to figure that out for a while, care to share how you did that?

I third this question, how exactly did you do that.
  • Looks to me like a second PC in observer-follow-mode.

mystic_1
  • Looks to me like a second PC in observer-follow-mode.

mystic_1
    Yep, it does, but it seems like both monitors are plugged in one system. I suppose you can run two tribes at once with some trickery, but taking two slots of the server to do it... kinda bleh.
    I'm hoping for another explanation.
  • OK...he likes the plastic chair cause the other 'spinny' chair has wheels and moves too easy...so he says...

The monitor thing....I took the base off of the one mounted on the desk/right, and made brackets out of aluminum bar, and hung it on the cabinet/desk door....
    (fuggin thing had a sticker on the screws holding base that said if this sticker was broken, warranty was gone...)

The computer he is using is my 3rd one, his is upstairs, and yes, it has a bigger monitor.

There's a Tiger Direct near where I work, and they had a freekin great sale on flatscreen monitors recently, so I went out and bought 5 different ones....

That, and it was time to re-do all the systems in the house, so I gutted them all and added new mobo's, processors, hard & disc drives, sound, and in some , video cards...

Just in time to find out T2 had experienced a revival of sorts....go figure.
  • And this is what the rest of my basement looks like.....Thats NOT me...a friend of mine....
    and yes, this pic was done b4 the new monitors...
    pool.jpg
  • OK...he likes the plastic chair cause the other 'spinny' chair has wheels and moves too easy...so he says...

The monitor thing....I took the base off of the one mounted on the desk/right, and made brackets out of aluminum bar, and hung it on the cabinet/desk door....
    (fuggin thing had a sticker on the screws holding base that said if this sticker was broken, warranty was gone...)

The computer he is using is my 3rd one, his is upstairs, and yes, it has a bigger monitor.

There's a Tiger Direct near where I work, and they had a freekin great sale on flatscreen monitors recently, so I went out and bought 5 different ones....

That, and it was time to re-do all the systems in the house, so I gutted them all and added new mobo's, processors, hard & disc drives, sound, and in some , video cards...

Just in time to find out T2 had experienced a revival of sorts....go figure.

Sooooo...how did you run two monitors again? Or did I just miss the answer?
  • Second screen is observing.

"I will kill him and local taunt his body if I see him."

Same, except the local taunt will be accidental as I have a script that does it for me :O
  • At one time, I was running both systems from one monitor. Lynksys made (or still makes) a unit that you plug one monitor, mouse, and keyboard into, then you hit the scroll lock key twice to switch the components between computers...I just use the keyboard between them now...As per the pic, the monitor you see 'suspended' on the cabinet door has no bottom base. I just made a set of brackets to mount it, suspended from the top of the door. It shows whats on the black computer.
    sideview.JPG
    In this pic, you can see both computers and monitors.
    system.JPG
  • Ok. I don't have two comps so I can't really do that. Theres got to be a way for dual monitor w/o two systems...
  • 45, get yo ass on irc. irc.tribalwar.com
  • Hi
    Just started playing TN and i must say its been fun , i am one of those mod fans , i love marksmen simply because ive play T1 for about 10 years and most of that in Annihilation mod
    it is very simalar! what i really wanted to stress here is for this game to last you absolutly need new people, help them learn show them all you can, or this game will end like T1 is slowly and with nothing but old players. no new blood in the game will end any game ..
    just my 2 cents

Kelly
  • At one time, I was running both systems from one monitor. Lynksys made (or still makes) a unit that you plug one monitor, mouse, and keyboard into, then you hit the scroll lock key twice to switch the components between computers...I just use the keyboard between them now...As per the pic, the monitor you see 'suspended' on the cabinet door has no bottom base. I just made a set of brackets to mount it, suspended from the top of the door. It shows whats on the black computer.

What you're describing is a KVM switch, I've used several over the years. I thinks what others are describing is dual monitor with one PC but that's usually dependent on the video card, it's drivers and software.
  • OK, what you see is a LAN game, teaching the kid the ropes,
    its just in observation mode on the mounted monitor, (black computer /server)
    AND I was in observer mode on my screen,(red computer) watching what he was doing...

Trying to teach him how to set up a basic defense, which is the best place to start I believe....