Joining Local Online Server

edited January 2009 in Server Support
With this new system, I have come to find out that you cannot join a locally hosted server, even though its online?

I try to join my server (Wisconsin BotFest) and I get the error (When the game dosnt UE on me, which it normally does) {Error seen below} . I am assuming this was security built in to block from Lan addresses or spoofing attempts coming via a private ip address range..... but since I cant really go past my local gateway to play on my server, what would you recommend? I can probably try to set up a virtual IP address outside of the class A,B,C private ranges on the server, connect manually to that via tribes, but there has to be an easier way.. and who knows what kind of problems could arise with that.

Thanks for your time and any help would be appreciated.

Client Error:

Server sent back unreasonable IP challenge source. Possible replay attack attempt.

Server Output :

Sent challenge response
Connection request from: IP:192.168.1.1:1373
Accepting connect... CLIENT ID = 0
Sending connect accept: 2075
Got disconnect packet.
Client 2075 disconnected.
Issuing Disconnect packet.
Server Time: 2009/01/05 07:43:32 (local)
Server Time: 2009/01/05 07:44:35 (local)
-- Sent heartbeat to TN Master. (master.tribesnext.com:80)
Server Time: 2009/01/05 07:45:37 (local)
- Heartbeat confirmed.
Server Time: 2009/01/05 07:46:40 (local)
Checking IP address (192.168.1.1) for LAN compliance
- Local IP address (192.168.1.10)
Got challenge request
Sent challenge response
Connection request from: IP:192.168.1.1:1450
Accepting connect... CLIENT ID = 0
Sending connect accept: 2077
Got disconnect packet.
Client 2077 disconnected.
Issuing Disconnect packet.
Server Time: 2009/01/05 07:47:42 (local)

Comments

• Solution : Press Insert and type in local ip address ::)
  • This was an issue we encountered in the last-minute testing phase, but yes, you can connect to the server using the LAN address.

Sorry if it causes any inconvenience. We'll surely resolve the issue in later versions of the patch, but for now you might want to just add the server's lan address to your favourites.
  • Solution : Press Insert and type in local ip address ::)

Could somebody please go into a little more detail about this "solution"?
  • You'll need to pop in your local LAN address to connect to your local server if it's returning this error.
    To find out what yours is, you should be able to open (double-click) on your active connection in the windows network connections list and click on the support tab. Or, you could click "Run" in your start menu, type "cmd", press OK, and then type "ipconfig" and press enter.
    In both cases, the address you're looking for should be under the "IP Address" header.
  • I know how to find my IP. What I meant was, where/how do I put my address? Hitting "Insert" does nothing for me.
  • You may need to click on the list itself to make it active, but Insert is the correct key.