Cant open onine game window

Um okay i go to check if my offline game works and its okay no problems, but when I go to try online it gives me some sierraupdate thing and says "Preparing Launcher...Checking Message of the Day...Checking to see if SierraUpdate is Current..." then after a few seconds it says "Unable to connect to update control servers. Please check your internet connection." then a list of things saying "tribes2.west.won:15104" with east and central also poping up. I need help to play tribes!!!

Comments

• Try to do this.

Right click on your desktop -> New -> Shortcut

the Paste "C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\SierraUp.exe" whit out the " (my is in D:\Tribes2\GameData\SierraUp.exe so make sure its right on your computer) the double click and see if it works.

To get it look like normal
    rename it to Tribes 2
    Right click and chose property then on tab Shortcut look down then you will see change ikon the tribes 2 ikon is in Tribes2\gamedata\base and the name is Tribes2.Ico

I had to do this when I installed the patch it might help you. if it wont work i don't know what you have to do
  • To play online you'll need the multiplayer patch. It can be found in out downloads section.
  • Um trying to do it but gives me some wierd SQ004816V03 bullshit

also already have the mp patch
  • If you have run the patcher, it did not go through. It creates a replacement for SierraUp.exe that does not contain anything mentioned in your post.

You're probably going to want to try reinstalling.
  • edited January 2009
    Why do my favorite games hate me? I still have the same problem after re-instaled the mp patch...

says either "may not have intsaled corectly" or "the file sierra update did not instal corectly click abort reinstal or ignore
  • never mind I re-instaled it again again and worked thanks for the help