TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Tribes 2 >  Strategies and Guides >  How to deal with rape train? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: How to deal with rape train?
teratos
Assault

View Profile
15: March 15, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »
Shrike O can't stop the rape train.

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
Abstract
Scout

View Profile
16: March 15, 2009, 05:06:53 PM »
If i notice a rape train (lol, love the name) of that magnitude, i go on HD, and just own any poor bastard that enters my gen room.

The element of surprise is your greatest asset as a HD, use plasma and spam nades/mines, it's always enough to bring down their "usually small" shield-pack energy reserve.
If they try to withdraw, lob a mortar directly behind them, or at the roof above their head, then forget about them, because they're a goner.

Also having a hidden Dep Invo station is a good idea.

And that, Alviss, is why you have a spot on our comp team.  Because you my friend, are awesome.

I am: DisChord81/KillMachine/Atlas/Abstract, in that order.
TheAngryTomato
Nugget³

View Profile
17: March 15, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »
This thread is silly.

YOU CAN'T STOP THE RAPE TRAIN.

You can't kill the metal. The metal will live on.
Shizuka
Assault

View Profile
18: March 15, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »
Facetiousness aside, teratos does sort of have a point. You can't really stop a rape train; you have to wait for the small pause when most of them have died and have to reload. In that span of time, build some serious defense (HD, farming, etc) or get a rape train of your own together. Keep an eye on your flag, since having been raped you'll be a better target.

Of course, the coordinated... terrible term here... rapists will send over one load of HO to start the train, and have another one or two waiting in the wings to keep the pressure on instead of unloading all at once.

The above is Shizuka Kamishima.
Why not?
Abstract
Scout

View Profile
19: March 16, 2009, 06:47:54 AM »
The best way to stop the rape train is to be prepared BEFORE they arrive.  Get someone dedicated to farm out your generator room with turrets, sensors, and mines.  Stops them dead every time.  Don't forget the deployable inventory stations.  If you're good enough and they're killed consistently without results, they'll stop coming.

I am: DisChord81/KillMachine/Atlas/Abstract, in that order.
A// Eyez
Nugget

View Profile
20: March 27, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »
STOP SUCKING. The game is 8 years old.
teratos
Assault

View Profile
21: March 27, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »
And the rape train rolls on...

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
teratos
Assault

View Profile
22: March 27, 2009, 08:04:29 PM »
CAN"T STOP THE RAPE TRAIN

- sgtvindetta
PROJECTILE
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
23: March 28, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
THIS RAPE TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES
SuperSniperXtreme2
Nugget

View Profile
24: March 28, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »
the best way to stop a lot of HO:

go HO
Purest
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
25: March 30, 2009, 09:42:29 AM »
Send your own rape train. Fuck the rapers.
Alviss
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
26: March 30, 2009, 10:27:14 AM »
And that, Alviss, is why you have a spot on our comp team.  Because you my friend, are awesome.

Lol, thanks bro. Practice tonight?

Tribes2 never left. It was you who was lost.
Rigorr
Nugget

View Profile
27: April 07, 2009, 05:13:45 AM »
get mines out, pick mines up off dead HO.
Use weapons that don't damage yourself, or at least as much (shocklance, Plasma) plasma/mine owns mine/disc indoors, also plasma has a higher rate of fire. if you have good mines, and decent LD then the HO arent getting through with full HP and full energy (esp if they are spackHO)
like fling says: if there's a step to drop, stop repairing - if your team needs the gens up, they will repair them themselves. It's easier to repair gens with a HD nearby than with HO camping your gens nearby
Scholtz
Nugget²

View Profile
28: April 07, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »
Because Tribes 2 isn't just a normal FPS game where you can make the full defence and keep base clear.

The best way to deal the continuing raping is same as on the real world, make the counter attack.

Do not stand on the base trying to defend it but attack to their base or between these two points to shoot down their offence and this way you can help others to repair your base and equipment.

But, if we now just limit our discussion to defend position only, the best weapon inside the base and always against the shielded enemy is the blaster and the grenade launcher. These two weapons allows you to shoot behind corners while going backward avoiding the enemy, even that you are a light (best is the assault with shield/repair).

Blaster is best weapon for base defender because it is the only weapon what will pass the shield and cause damage right away. You do not need to shoot many times for juggernaut to get it down. You only need to avoid mortar or grenade rounds.

Forget disk inside, it is no use and you only do splash damage for your teammates while shield reflects it bretty well. And you need to have a direct line to enemy when you easily loose. Mortar is too slow for defense purpose and you easily do more damage to base and teammates than enemy.

Plasma is one great weapon against light and assaults if they do not have a shield. It has medium splas range but few direct hits kills easily.

One great way to deal offencer people is make them to come a defenders. Chase them so they need to go backward on your base and use their ammunition to kill you and not their target.
To make this easier, use mines (remember to press two times H to set beacon as marker mode and not target mode. I always hate that when you are on midfield and you get lock to your base what is behind enemy vehicle because it is full of green target reticles) with beacon what attackers miss easily when you chage them. They need to spend energy for jumping over them or ammunition to shoot them. And while they do that, you can easily kill them with GL, Blaster or Plasma.

For it is easy to go as assault and jammer pack. Just keep it on and every cloaked attacker loose cloak in 20m radius. Easy to pick them then when they loose their main feature over you. After that place motion sensors for positions what does not get splash damage easily from mortar or GL.

One important thing when enemy is raping your base, is not to repair stations partically because they make great damage when they explose. You can use this as advance too. Like on Katabatic, repair the stairway station littlebit and wait that enemy jumps down. Then just shoot plasma on it when enemy is near and it gets reflected greatly for enemy. After that chage with blaster and GL.

To make base rapers one idea off, what is the point collection. Is not to repair devices and stations what they usually destroy. So do not try to fix all of them without power. Just fix one what is closest gen and littlebit, repair gen littlebit and run fast to get assault armor with repairpack/INV (what ever is your plan, first to repair all or place INV somewhere and clear the base/help others to get gear etc) and then continue defence.

One nice idea when the route to gens etc is limited, is to use satchel. You can place it such way that it is not shown to attacker right away but is behind corner and you can not shoot it right away. And then switch it's placement everytime so when they come as assault/juggernaut and they shoot mortart/grenade where it was last, they do not get it destroyed. Bad side is that you usually kill teammates with this tactic but mark it with beacon (as you always need to do with mines).

The mine+disk combo is almost useless inside base. It is not even good to do outdoor on midfield because the amount of mines is limited and stupid players tries to use mine+disk combo and usually miss the mine and the mine is laying somewhere where it has no use. And you loose very important part of defence because of that.  And when building a minefield on base, take the ammopack, you get more mines and not just 3 ;-)

You need to learn the keypoints of the base structure where you can chase enemy or where are the bottlenecks so you can get them from there.

Mines need to be marker always with marker beacon mode, so your teammates does not step over them. I have sometimes fielded whole base full of them and I could with my friends move very easily, without problems on base but too many player just ran over them blaming me about killing them when they did not watch where they run or they have turned the beacon sign off (F8 if I remember correctly).

When you have base full of mines, you can easily hear where enemy is coming because they try to avoid them by shooting them or they step on them. Place few turrets with them and you always hear the enemy place and you can start chase.

When taking the offence state, you need to check from where and how the rapers arrive. As example of Katabatic, it is usually the center base where they comes. So attack there and keep it down. It helps a lot! Do not try to be a midfield lancer (shocklance) because they soon turn attack you from midfield and you loose.
One worst way is that enemy use assault armor and takes a shrike to your base. They avoid you if you are on shrike and missiles is good to avoid too. Their purpose is just to get base. So then take the bomber and keep their VPAD down. This usually means that there comes strong defence and your bombing etc purposes comes too difficult to manage if others ain't raping on that time their base.

The hard part is that you need to adapt the defensive action always. First learn what enemy is doing and thing the correct counter attack for that. Like it is always said "best offensive is best defend". And you can not keep using one way to defend your base because enemy is adapting you too. So it is always the finding counter attacks on this game.

And when using grenades. Flash and Concussion grenades are usually best ones. Just remove attacker main weapon/pack and you gain advantage. Make them blind and lance them or use Blaster/Plasma etc. Flash just have problems that you easily blind yourself and enemy have advantage because it just need to destroy/kill people and come again. While you need to survive and repair base too. ;-)

I just say that learn to use blaster. It is not gaining any fame among long time players because they believe it is useless in defense. It is difficult to master but it is just so powerful weapon for clearing base. Thats why it is on your default set when you respawn. It's point is to allow you to easily clear base, shoot around corners and let the blaster to bounce from walls and reflect the fear among rapers. If more people would understand the power of Blaster and use it instead disk, base is cleared so easily.
One of the problems is the "pro scrips" what throws the Blaster away on start because they call it is useless. But same time they just throw away one of most powerful weapon what they have.

teratos
Assault

View Profile
29: April 07, 2009, 09:12:01 AM »
That's a lot of text to tell someone you CAN"T STOP THE RAPE TRAIN.

- sgtvindetta
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines