Laggy / jiggity game despite using the fixes!!

Ok, I used ALL the fixes (setting T2 to affinity etc) and my games are STILL jittery/stuttery. It's ok when I'm navigating inside a base, but its worse outside. I don't understand - i'm pretty sure I installed the fixes correctly. When I played years ago, there were no problems at all.

My computer:
Vista, Intel Celeron Dual Core, 1.6 GHz
1 GB RAM
NVIDIA Graphics

Any solutions?

Comments

• Try the affinity solutions again.

Jitter is a result of a programming defect in Tribes 2, where it used the RDTSC instruction to count CPU ticks as a form of high precision timer. Problem is... each CPU and core on a system has its own tick counter, and they aren't designed to be kept in sync (or to be used as a timer). If your cores do not have the same tick count, as the game is scheduled by the OS between the separate cores, the game thinks it is moving forward and backwards in time.

If you're really experiencing jitter, setting affinity will solve it. If what you are experiencing is not jitter, you might want to turn down your graphical settings.
  • Is there any benchmark system that can be used to determine what machine should be capable of running max settings?

My machine for instance:
    AMD 64 x2 Dual Core 5000+
    4gb ram
    AMD 780G chipset, using onboard ATI HD 3200 with up to 1gb ram alotted

Granted, I'm using an onboard video chipset (but a high quality one at that), which I do intend to replace in a few weeks, but I had loaded up Tribes 2 expecting that my machine would be able to handle what Tribes tossed at it, and have found noticeable "jitter" in certain areas of a map

I still have to try the affinity fix, but in the meantime I was just wondering what type of performance I should expect?

Cheers :-)