Does anyone remember this mod?

I'm thinking about some of the different mods I played back in the day.. bout 6-7 years ago. Didn't even know what mods were then heh. There is this one particular mod that I remember quite fondly which was the only mod I enjoyed playing defense on. If any of you guys remember the name of this particular mod that would be cool i'll try to describe what was memorable bout it.

You could place beacons on the ground that would create forcefields between the 2 beacons. You could place a beacon at one point most likely on one side of a doorway, and another beacon on another side of the doorway. They would connect and create a forcefield that I think your teammates could enter but not the enemy.

This is really the only specific thing I remember about the mod lol.. but anyways I really enjoyed playing defense w/ that mod it was way cool. Anyone remember this?

Comments

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5-rt2WAn78

That is WIGO mod, I found while screwing around. Looks sick, maybe someone should host it ;).
  • That has nothing to do with that. Meltdown 2 has deployable beacons which create forcefields (Forcefield Array). There are several servers up if you wish to try it.
  • Might be renegades, as it was popular around that time.
  • I remember a few mods with stuff like this. Kind of cool at first. But I think I prefer mods that are just minor tweeks of the actual game. Like Version 2. Oh how I loved Version 2. Too bad there is no popular V2 server up at the moment.
  • Yep, it was called Chivalry II for Tribes2 . The creator of the mod was Sojourn Development who went on to become Indie game developers . The company dissolved in 2005 . Jason Yarnell was the CEO . Sojourn development also made the Chivalry Mod for Tribes 1 .
    I forget who the main coder was though. I was a concept artist in the Chiv II mod and a game that they were working on after it .
    The feature you were talking about allowed you to use the sensors to fill any doorway, there was no small, medium , or large forcefields to put into your Inventory.
  • your all wrong... its called Mastersmod... created by sirelim. up and running now!
  • your all wrong... its called Mastersmod... created by sirelim. up and running now!

Never played that one. QFT .
  • Was it anything like this: http://renwerx.com/dl.cgi?finalffs.avi
    except for T2?
  • I recall the WAR mod did the same thing.
  • Yes one of the first war200x Mods did this, so did renegades if remember correctly.
  • Renegades is probably what he's looking for, as it was very popular back in the day.
  • The most popular of any of the MODs, FYI.
  • edited May 2009
    Renegades!

btw, there is a REAL Renegades server up and running right now and most of the time lately, some players are around in evening.

3G House of Pain. IP# 173.49.171.105 :2800 Renegades

Carp
  • Renegades!

btw, there is a REAL Renegades server up and running right now and most of the time lately, some players are around in evening.

3G House of Pain. IP# 173.49.171.105 :2800 Renegades

Carp
    Gotta try that out!