Account Server offline?

2»

Comments

• Shows offline for me also. No FW here.
  • edited January 2009
    I had this problem for a while, then I used the affinity solution and it worked. Download/install affinity, launch tribes 2, control alt delete to bring up task manager, right click on tribes2.exe and go to set affinity, uncheck cpu 1 and then hit ok. This let me hit the account server finally after days of trying.

note: you will have to do this everytime you want to play, unless you use an automatic affinity solution like the one posted in the sticky thread for it
  • CPU affinity is not the end all be all solution. It can fix SOME timing and unhandled exception issues that result in choppy play or crashing.

It can not fix reachability issues.
  • note: you will have to do this everytime you want to play, unless you use an automatic affinity solution like the one posted in the sticky thread for it
    You can also download drivers for dual core processors (dual core optimizer) from amd site. It solves many affinity problems in old games. In my case I do not have to choose core anymore when I play T2. It also solved crashes and choppy images.
  • same, issue, though iv'e never gotten it to get past step 1
  • I'm having the same issue. I downloaded and installed the original game and then the patch. I shouldn't have any problem with connecting to anything, especially since I have a good connection and disconnected any firewall/pg2 I have. I'm also behind a router.

And what or where is the acquisition page Thyth mentioned?
  • I gotta chime in here, too; I'm having the same problem, and I've tried every solution available to fix it. I'm playing (or attempting to) from Korea, so I don't know if that might be the problem.
  • I gotta chime in here, too; I'm having the same problem, and I've tried every solution available to fix it. I'm playing (or attempting to) from Korea, so I don't know if that might be the problem.
    You've tried everything, including the solutions suggested by the FAQ?