Custom Skins

How can I allow custom skins on my own server (which you can't join) server-side? I never figured that out. :-\

Comments

• Go into prefs/serverprefs.cs (edit with notepad or something), and find...
    $Host::CRCTextures = 1;

and change it to...
    $Host::CRCTextures = 0;

• Didn't work.

Preferably, I just want to know how to allow player skins on my server.
  • Make sure you delete DSOs after the change mentioned above.

Also, to see someone else's skin, you have to have that skin on your computer, also.
  • Exactly what DSOs are you talking about? I don't have any DSO files in prefs folder.
  • .cs.dso files. They sometimes make settings stick.
  • I just want to know how to allow player skins on my server.

That's exactly what Eolk's suggestion does.

Can you give us a little more information to work with?
    What you mean by custom skins, how you think it should work, your setup, and what isn't working?
  • Um... ok well, the player skins aren't working. I haven't deleted DSOs yet.
    1. I just want to be able to see my custom skins.
    2. I did Crc texture 0 crap, didn't work.
    3. I really can't understand any > SPECIFIC < DSOs you want to delete.
    4. Everything, weapon to vehicle skins, work fine.
  • Who aren't they working for?
    When aren't they working?

You have to participate in this process a little.
    Are people unable to join or are they being booted when they do join?
    Is it just that you can't see skins? Are you sure people are actually wearing custom skins?
    Are you actually wearing a custom skin? on your main profile and not an alias? or, if on an alias, does your server allow aliases?

It sounds to me like you need to check the "display custom skins" box in the preferences - I don't think there is any problem with the server.

2. It's okay you don't understand the CRC texture thing, but it isn't crap, it does exactly what you asked for in your first post.

3. Delete all DSOs. Search for DSO deleters, they've been linked a billion times.

4. So you can see your custom vehicle/weapon skins but not player skins?
  • Ok let me restart this conversation.

So I start a server (that isn't joinable cause ports can't be opened), play with bots, but until the match begins, I notice my custom player skin doesn't show on >> ME
  • 1. A. On your player tab, have you selected a skin to wear? (Yes/No)
    1. B. IF you answered YES to the above, is it a custom skin or dynamix skin?

2. Is the name on your player tab the name you are using in the server? (Yes/No)

3. In your game options (Settings), have you checked 'show custom skins'? (Yes/No)

4. When you open the console while the server is loading (press `), do you have a line saying someone has been assigned a custom skin?
    allocating client target - skin = customSkinName

If you can't open the console look for a "console.log" file.

In regards to DSOs:
    3. Delete all DSOs. Search for DSO deleters, they've been linked a billion times.
    Since you're too lazy, I've done it for you:
    http://gamefiles.androctasiae.net/tribes2/scripts/UberGuy/cleanDSO.zip
  • you Want to see your own skins ah okay heres what you do

1. you know your Player Settings Select Custom skins Find the skin name click on it

2. go into your Settings Tab in tribes 2 goto Game settings click the Game Tab then click show personal skins make sure you have the skins in the right Directory
    Tribes 2 /Gamedata/Base/Textures/skins

3. to see the Reflections etc go into the Textures tab then select Environment mapping

thats its not a DSO problem that should fix all your problems
  • Ok to the questions...
    1. Yes.
    B. Custom.
    2. Yes.
    3. Didn't know that was there.
    4. Uhhh...
  • Did #3 fix it?

If not, are you having trouble with #4?