T2withpatch CRASHES WHEN LOADING

edited January 2009 in Support
I was able to make an account but the program FREEZES EVERYTIME, while loading the objects, lighting.. It seems to load most of them, but FREEZES as it finishes loading mission.

I installed T2 with patch from this website. I'm using XP SP3.

any solutions??

Comments

• Does it crash, or does it freeze? There's a difference.
    What servers are you trying to join?
    If you open the console (~) when loading, what is the last message you see before crashing?
    Are you running any custom maps/scripts/etc?
    Are you running the latest drivers?
    What are your system specs? Are you running a laptop? What operating system are you running? OpenGL or D3D? Is vertex lighting enabled or disabled?

Note the patch does not change anything in the load sequence beyond the connection phase.
  • i have the latest desktop computer.

I downloaded the T2torrent with patch from this webpage.

It freezes while loading objects, loading lighting, and loading mission. It always freezes JUST as the final "LOADING MISSION" progress bar nears completion.

Maybe uninstall and reinstall??
  • A reinstall can often remedy a situation, so I'd say it can't hurt. If it doesn't work, there may be some other things we can try.
  • I think I'm having the same issue.

My game is freezing as soon as a mission loads. However, for some reason, 'Riverdance' seems to load every time with no issues. I have not tried every single map yet. This also happens online and offline.

My rig:

Vista 64
    AMD 64 X2 4200+ ~2.2Ghz
    2GB RAM
    Nvidia 8600GT
    DX10
  • More information:

I loaded a map in D3D fine, but it ran really choppy. Mid game I switched to OpenGL, and it ran smooth, however there was flickering polygons all over the buildings. And as soon as I changed to a medium unit it froze. I usually ctrl-alt-delete, as the application does not respond.
  • I'm gonna call it magic reboot. I've rebooted my machine and it's playing normally.