None

edited January 2014 in General Discussion
-

Comments

• It's fun but lacks the depth of tribes 2.
  • So people head for the graphics this times ah...

I wouldn't say the graphics are the only redeeming quality of Legions. It is quite fast and enjoyable.

Perhaps a better title for it would have been:

Tribes Lite (with enhanced graphics)

:D
  • Meh I thought it was ok.Very fast speeds but I got bored with it quickly.I would like to see the improvements they have made and maybe some of the new maps.It does remind me of vengass a bit because it is all graphics no guts.Fun as shit to ski on though.
  • Been playing FEL for over a week and have concluded it's not that bad of a game. Some of the maps make chasing the flag carriers so darn fun it almost made me think I was playing Tribes1. I'm not sure how anyone can say this is an eye candy game cause once things get rolling and both teams are loaded (Many times I've seen games start with half the team still loading), you don't even care about the graphics, just hitting that damn flag carrier. Sound like anything we already know? Also it seems that vehicles would actually hinder this game because most of the classes have the ability "Overdrive" their way across the map (at cost to their health) and snag the flag. At this point they usually don't risk Overdriving back to their base because of the crew chasing their jet trails. Explosions and flying bodies ensue in their wake.
  • The graphics aren't even that good. Anyway, everything that Legions fanboys say about the game implies that the developers are purposely trying to make it feel different from Tribes, which is a dumb mistake. Tribes is already perfect, so by trying to make it different, it will be imperfect and therefore worse than Tribes, and therefore not worth playing when you can play Tribes instead.
  • edited June 2009
    Legions can be fast, yes, but it still has momentum issues. That's why you'll notice a lot of people have a hard time chasing on the larger maps. Basically the way the movement and speed is in the current game only the smallest of maps play well. For example, a map like Dangerous crossing would probably play well in legions. On the other hand, slightly larger maps like Damnation, or Woody Myrk with the unobstructed flag probably would not play well. That's why you'll notice in Legions they put a lot of objects and walls around or in the path of the flag. You didn't need to have that stuff in Tribes because the balance was better between the guy running with the flag and the guy chasing him. To address this they constantly come up with a dizzying array of loadout changes for specific classes or tweak the terrain.

You wonder sometimes why is it that T1 or T2 seem so intense for such a long period of time? Why 5 hours flies by without even knowing it? For some it may be due to the assets, vehicles, variety of duties etc, but even if you diminish some of that its still the inherent balance of the physics between Offense and Defense. Everyone is so fearful of the nerf mistake in T2, that they now focus so much on speed that it unbalances things in the opposite direction. Plus the whole specific class thing sucks balls. Tribes is about you choosing your armor and loadout although they have claimed this will change in Legions. Oh hell just frickin make Tribes.