Nooblets need love too

Hello everyone,

I hail from the Great Beta Game know as Fallen Empire : Legions which some call a tribes variation (which it is not) Anyway i heard about Tribes from the onslaught of tribes players switching over to legions, So i went out downloaded tribesnext it and started to play. The only thing i can say for those first few games are FAILFAIL With a creme De FAIL! So I've come to ask any Vets if they would show my the way of tribes. please

Comments

• The people who can help you most are on irc.tribalwar.com in channel #lastgasp
  • just play and learn it the way everyone else has
  • What problems are you having?
  • Stay out of arena.
    Play in Goon Haven.
  • lol i asked Saerix but she said it would mess with her aim on legions :'(
  • the only way you will learn is by playing more it is alot more complicated than legions.Jump in some servers and mess around a bit and get used to the movement and different loadouts.Try out the different weapons and later vehicles if you like.Then maybe jump in a server with people or find one with bots if you feel the need to practice more.And ask questions if you dont know something.Be careful though some may not give the correct answers.

for example altf4 does not give you all weapons or god mode.
  • Legions is a dumbed-down version of Tribes largely due to limitations in the engine Garage Games built and then used for Legions and their corporate ADD.
  • First off try sticking to scout armor, e-pack, spinfusor, grenade launcher, and chaingun for a couple weeks. It helps you get the feel of the game, along with that work on energy and heat management, these are very valuable skills any good T2 player needs mastered.

Chaingun enemies in the air, disk them when they are skiing fast in the ground, beat them with the grenade launcher when enemies are low on energy and on the ground moving slower. Do this for a while until you pick your specialty/role.

Don't worry you'll get the hang of it eventually.
  • Stay out of arena.
    Play in Goon Haven.

This will hands down make you the elitist of the elite. I guarantee* it.

(*void in 50 US states and all other countries)
  • edited May 2009
    Legions is somewhat like Tribes lite right now. The skiing and movment is a bit different. There are not as many weapon limitations as you have in legions and of course theres all the other stuff Legions currently does not have. In legions they made skiing a little easier. You basically go in hover mode to ski. What they made a bit more complicated or annoying in legions depending on who you ask, is that they added more binds for up jet, down jet, hover etc. So in legions its easy to hover (ski), but to gain speed you must constantly find a hill to downjet on otherwise your momentum somewhat sputters out more quickly then it does in Tribes 2 classic. Tribes 2 base is slower. Legions also added overdrive which is a unique twist on the game.

In tribes 2 you dont need all the binds. Just one key for jets and another key that basically can be used for jump and ski. So you can jet forward in tribes a little better, jump of objects, find a slope, jet and jump downhill to gain speed. Similiar to Legions but you dont need to hit downjet or upjet with Tribes, just one jet key so you can focus on the intensity of the gameplay at hand instead of thinking so much about your binds. Also Tribes 2 classic, and Tribes 1 had better momentum as you move forward. Some people say legions can be faster, which is true, but thats somewhat negated by the fact that your forward momentum dies out a lot faster in Legions if you dont keep finding that slope and using your downjets. I find that makes chasing less thrilling in legions compared to Tribes.

Best thing is to jump into a server and just play a bit. There is a lot more stuff you can do. If you want to learn more about competition in T2 then yes Kyrand is correct, go to irc.tribalwar.com in channel #lastgasp.

If you just want to play and have fun in a pub Goons haven is usually pretty full.