Natural Selection 2 Preorder ready to roll fuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeah

http://unknownworlds.com/

Later chumps. Hope to see you shit heads in the corridors - unless the learning curve's too high for ya. :P

Oh yeah, and before some twink starts crying "tribes next, never forget!" :'(
There are jetpacks. That is all.

Comments

• Natural Selection is cool but its more on par with one of the many team deathmatch style games played indoors. So one teams marines and the other alien whoopee. And jet packs aren't equivalent to jet/jump skiing. There is nothing like the open outdoor and interior aspect of Tribes along with everything else. I'm sure it will be good though. The half life community gets such spectacular support and "accurate" development of the series and its mods.
  • http://unknownworlds.com/

Later chumps. Hope to see you shit heads in the corridors - unless the learning curve's too high for ya. :P

goodbye. we're glad to be rid of you.
  • http://unknownworlds.com/

Looks pretty gay to me. Watched the video on the website and that thing looks like an evil pokemon.
    Tribes 2 > Natural Selection 2
    Go ahead and leave. No one cares. Why bid farewell?
  • Haw haw haw. If I hadn't expected knee-jerk reactions to perceived insults to the glorious tribes, I wouldn't have posted it here. My trolling is fueled by your tears. The uninformed comparison of NS to Tribes 2 however, is totally uncalled for. I am so sad you said that. Why did you have to say that? :'(

I've haven't played tribes in months. It's not like I'm broadcasting that I'm leaving this cute little community - I'll always be here to tickle your asshole, Abstract - but to put it simply, now that NS2 is almost here I will likely never play another game again. NS2 will be the ultimate product of perfection. which is better than tribes. in every way.
  • Doesn't really look like anything special to me.
  • Looks like Doom 3 in HL2, only less dark (same lighting style though).

Besides, T2 is free, NS2 will not be. End of story.
  • edited May 2009
    If you've looked at any recent in game screen shots or in-engine video and still think it's Source - I'm sorry, but you're a god damn idiot. And if by "same lighting style" you're actually referring to Crysis generation technology, then yes you're absolutely right. Unfortunately, your not, because you're apparently stuck in 2002 in some sort of crazy groundhog day scenario. Do you still have a pony tail and wear Eddie Bauer? I bet you do.

As for an 8 year old video game costing $20 less than a modern day game - how dare indy developers ask for compensation for all their hard work! What a bunch of fucking jerks!

It's pretty obviously Poopster is the only dude itt who's ever played - or heard of - Natural Selection. I'd figure tribes players would seek out other games involving complicated and intricate team based strategy and "easy to learn, difficult to master" game mechanics. I guess most people who still plug their free time into a game they played 8 years ago are a little hesitant to try new things. Is that a fair assumption?

I've gotta say, it's pretty astounding how sheltered a community revolving around a video game is when it comes to other video games. I swear to god the only other game you people play is Solitaire.
  • edited May 2009
    I've played Natural Selection and although its a good team style death match game I still vastly prefer Tribes 2 the 8 year old game. Why? Because there are a dozen games like Natural Selection on the market including TF2. There is still nothing like Tribes. And no, Legions is not Tribes, neither is this new Section 8 game, (Although Section 8 could get interesting with a mod).
  • edited May 2009
    Comparing NS to TF2 is like comparing Tribes to Quake. I'm assuming you've only played combat mode if you can even think of calling NS a team death match game. It's the mother of RTS/FPS hybrids, with more intricate strategy and teamwork than any other.

I don't know what Section 8 is, but if you want to compare games look at Global Agenda http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cat_7bfzzs
  • So you're saying a game you haven't even played yet is better than Tribes 2? That makes your opinion rather easy to disregard. I played the first NS. It got boring after a while so I stuck with Tribes.
  • I swear to god the only other game you people play is Solitaire.
    Hey, I play mine sweeper too! :P