V2 mod

K, those who have played the Tribes 2 Demo probably know about a mod called V2. And im not talking about version2. I'd really be happy if someone could give me the mod or a link to download it.

Comments

• Any detalis ?
    hmmmmm.... details... What do you mean like the name of some admins or description of the guns or what?
  • Both, if you can.
  • was the version that rebels run V2?
  • Both, if you can.
    Well, im only sure about one admin who was called @tomic, and here are some guns:
    Hack gun, hacks enemy equipment so that they become yours instead. can also unhack stuff. Only avalible for the Field-Tech armour.

EMP launcher, looks like a GL but fires EMP nades. Only for Field-Tech armour.

Widow Maker, fires a nuke that takes 100 ammo. ammo recharges over time. NOT an energy weapon.

Light Saber, is like the star wars light saber.

Dance Gun, looks like a blaster, when you get hit, you will 'dance' and then you cant move or fire or do anything.

Solar Charge, fires a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig plasma bolt looking thing that, well, carries a lot of punch.

All the original weapons, all with much higer fire rate.

Armours: field-tehc carries all teh dps in the mod, and some special weapons.
    Demon, the main armour, looks like a horde bioderm.
    Mars, very strong and jumpy.
    predator, press beacon for unlimited cloak
    flash, super speed armour, press beacon for brakes.
    all the original armours.

that was some of the stuff in the mod.
  • I think u you have my mod Triumph mixed up with another. Your weapon names such as solar charge and widowmaker are from triumph, and the solar charge behaves the way you described. Triumph also has a field tech armor and emp launcher but those names are kinda generic. Triumph does not however have a hack gun or a dance gun, The Jumpgun used the blaster model in a past version but just pushes you across the map like a discjump but without the damage and energy based, doesnt make ya dance although that would be funny. Triumph is running on a dedicated server with the tribesnext patch, hop on it and see if its familiar.
  • I think u you have my mod Triumph mixed up with another.
    You don't know that. A mod writer could've just stolen your stuff and passed it off as their own.
  • one of the old versions of war2003 have all the guns described I think it was build 585 you can probably find it somewhere on the web.
    You don't know that. A mod writer could've just stolen your stuff and passed it off as their own.
  • Alright. V2 mod is a old Tribes 2 Demo mod. It was coded with a mixture of many mods. It was made for the Tribes 2 Demo community, and there is no more of it. So sorry no change on having it.
  • Alright. V2 mod is a old Tribes 2 Demo mod. It was coded with a mixture of many mods. It was made for the Tribes 2 Demo community, and there is no more of it. So sorry no change on having it.

I think that mod gave everyone a taste of the potential that T2 had at customizing the game and also to lure people into buying T2 back when.

I think that mod gave everyone a taste of the potential that T2 had at customizing the game and also to lure people into buying T2 back when.

No it wasen't, the mod was created by a friend of my. We as a community modefied the demo in order to make it fun. And it was a hit for some years, but it all died.
    Alright. V2 mod is a old Tribes 2 Demo mod. It was coded with a mixture of many mods. It was made for the Tribes 2 Demo community, and there is no more of it. So sorry no change on having it.
  • Keen haves a cool aura when he quotes other people without even typing a letter
    Thank you for saying absoluetly nothing relavant to the thread.
  • I know this mod! I used to play it...

It's called... like... devastation I think. It's on my harddrive somewhere.
  • edited June 2009
    there was an other mod in T2 demo called Destruction mod, which was also administrated by @tomic. Maybe you mixed up this with V2?
  • To give you guys a quick history.
    @tomic was one of the hosters that hosted most mods created by the Tribes 2 Demo community. Destruction was also a "converted" mod place in Tribes 2 Demo. The mod was made up from Mage Mod. Version 2 is a whole different thing in the Tribes 2 Demo, it is more looking like War 2003 but not as crazy. All the mods are gone, Tribes.SecNem.com is left, but dead. That used to be our old Tribes 2 Demo community.

How do I know this? I used to be/ I am still a administrator of the game. I been in Tribes 2 Demo more than Tribes 2 (FULL).