Defense Turret

We need a new version of defenseturret updated for TribesNext modified Tribes2.exe files
does anyone know how to get this done?

the problem with cheating is a little bit excessive atm

Comments

• How are people cheating?
  • How are people cheating?
    There are many cheats that DT blocked. HM2 being the worst, and still widely available, cheat. Others include auto-asset-beacon, interpolation, lag exploits and screen flash exploits. There are many more scripted cheats, but those are the most commonly used.

You wont get a TribesNext version of DT. The best you can hope for is the developers of TribesNext to do their own incorporated version of DT.
  • i thought they have anti cheat in the works for the next release
  • edited June 2009
    How are people cheating?
    There are many cheats that DT blocked. HM2 being the worst, and still widely available, cheat. Others include auto-asset-beacon, interpolation, lag exploits and screen flash exploits. There are many more scripted cheats, but those are the most commonly used.

You wont get a TribesNext version of DT. The best you can hope for is the developers of TribesNext to do their own incorporated version of DT.

There is anti-cheat available already in RC2. For obvious reasons, cheaters have not upgraded to this version, which puts them at a disadvantage since when RC3 comes out, seeing as they won't have clan tags. So when we all are enjoying our new clans and browser functionality, they will not, or will come clean. Interestingly enough, RC1 users can no longer generate accounts as well.

Defense Turret can be faked anyway. I suppose the only hurdle would be another implementation that isn't as vulnerable as DT or other methods.
  • Any halfway competent "hacker" can overcome the anti-cheat measures of DT, and probably whatever Thyth has in the works. The main-stream script-kiddies, however, probably can't...

And, I believe Thyth has mentioned (possibly) requiring RC3 or newer to play on RC3 enabled servers...
  • He said that the level of protection will be left up to the server ops to decide on.
  • I'll include a challenge response system to allow version verification on the server side. If a server op wants to enforce a minimum version, they'll be free to do so.