I get lagspikes since just two weeks ago.

So, I get lagspikes that occur very often in Tribes 2. I usually play Meltdown 2, but this has happened in other servers, even Construction. Here's a quick overview of the information I can provide:
  • This hadn't happened any time before two weeks ago, I had been back on Tribes 2 for a little over a month. I have not downloaded anything new that could be a virus or something like that.

In my own server, I get no lagspikes, but other players do.

I receive lagspikes when I switch weapons, fire a weapon, or when a new object, such as a vehicle or player, comes into view. It does not happen EVERY time these events happen, though.

I use Ventrilo, a voice chat server, while I play Tribes 2. When I receive lagspikes in Tribes 2, the voices of people talking also lags for the same amount of time. The lagspikes last from .5-1 second and can happen as often as three times in a row with a split second recovery between each lagspike.

I'm on a laptop with an NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS, an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, and 3040 MB RAM.

I still get lagspikes with no programs running in the background (though it worked fine with programs running two weeks ago).

Here's a video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gpGzSTGH0
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• When I receive lagspikes in Tribes 2, the voices of people talking also lags for the same amount of time.

Virus, improperly configured firewall, ISP problems... something. You may want to go to a forum that specializes in connection problems, because Tribes 2 is not the likely culprit.
  • ISP or Ventrilo would be my guess.