Need some scripting help

There was an old tribes1 map made by EEPROM ( I think) called "Shooters" and as you touched a certain pad it will propel you forward at a fast speed, when you hit the next pad it would propel you forward even faster, and so on and so on, until you got to the end . Then at the end there were some items angled, so that the momentum you had, it would shoot you up high in the sky. I am trying to recreate that map, but the closest things i could find to it is, a "launcher" and a "cannontrigger" from TR2, but the speed always stays the same. The "cannontrigger" worked ok but didn't have an item attached to it, it was just a trigger, but i think the "launcher" is the best way to go since it already has an item that propels you in a direction, kind of like the old shooters tribes1 map. It doesn't increase the speed if you touch one of them right after the other one. I am no coder, but I was able to play around with the settings on those to make it kind of work, but not the way I would want. Can anyone who has some scripting knowledge help me in accomplishing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

OnaDeathWish

Comments

• how about using forcefields that accelerate the player? not an option?
  • how about using forcefields that accelerate the player? not an option?

If that is possible I have no idea on how it could be accomplished. As I stated before, i do not have any scripting knowledge. But thanks anyway. :)
  • Look at this, but if you install it, be aware that it might cause some problems for you (and you'll have to uninstall it).
    Definitely don't install on a server.

It is a map my team tested years ago.
    http://tribes.m-parsons.com/maps/Ichijo/
  • Look at this, but if you install it, be aware that it might cause some problems for you (and you'll have to uninstall it).
    Definitely don't install on a server.

It is a map my team tested years ago.
    http://tribes.m-parsons.com/maps/Ichijo/

thanks teratos,

but that's kind of what i had in mind, but I would like more than just one. More like 5 or 6 of them, and to increase the speed as you hit each one. I also would like to be able to play it on a server, i was just hoping it could be something i could add to the end of the .mis file or if need be, a script that is to be included with the .mis file. I can get kind of what i want using an physical zone, but it still only goes so fast and you don't get much height, and if i change the settings too much it kills you because your moving too fast. :( I would like them to push you up like 500-1000 meters in the air (if possible) and be able to go either direction (again if possible). Also if you come in from the side of it, it pushes you off at that angle you come on it from, so that's why i was hoping someone had another idea as to how this could be accomplished. But thanks anyway.
  • I think you need to make a MOD to go along with the map.
    We used to play that with a modified version of Classic on our server, but I don't have the copy of the Classic variant that we used.

If I knew more, I'd try to help you, but I just tested the map.