Game winning strategies

13»

Comments

• Haldeploy, the farmer hud, and PJ's command and objective stuff can really take a lot of those ragequit moments out of farming.
  • Yea, you can just hit the number, but half the time I'm looking at what I'm doing, so it's nice to have a little confirmation. Thanks
  • A good strategy is to shoot things more and make them die before they make you die.
  • A good strategy is to shoot things more and make them die before they make you die.
    "Go down that way, really fast, and if something gets in your way...turn."

As a tactically-minded FPS player with little twitch skill, I generally end up on base/gen defense, repair and farming. I've adopted a modified Bastard loadout for general useage. Having a fully-operational main base, flag stand and vpad makes a big difference to the outcome of a game, as well as being able to quickly dig an enemy baseraper out of the basement.
  • MOB RULES!
    Positions and tasks are standard fare. This is a very dynamic game. Adapting to the map and opposition is key, however, there is saftey in numbers. Our clan worked with the principal that everyone should be able to do any position at any time. I've gone from farming to flag defense, to HO, to flag retrival, back to flag defense in moments. It all depends on the flag conditions and how your team responds to it.
    -All team members at the base should be repaing if the base goes down. 5 guys can bring a base back up to working conditions faster than the lone repair guy.
    -Your team flag on it's stand 100% of time. Your team can't score if your flag is not on it's stand.
    -All team members should drop their assigned task/position if ever the enemy manages to get a flag snag. SWARM TACTICS.
    -Hold onto the enemy flag as long as possible. Cappers can toss the flag off to defense, rearm and procced with another run. Defense can give the cappers ample time to strike the enemy flag stand. This requires exellent communication between the cappers and defense, moments before the cappers hit. Our HoF made a lot of flag caps. We trusted our defense to hold on while another run procceded. Not to mention, playing "toss" with the enemy flag is loads of fun and really grinds the enemy moral. ..and no, we didn't turtle the flag inside the base, we blatently tossed it around our flag stand. "Nener nener nener, come get your flaaggg!"
    -In the closing minutes of the game, especially if your side has a lead in points, get everyone to loadout as HO, pile into a couple of transports and head on over to the enemy base and PARTY ON THEIR PATIO!!! Nothing like ending the game with a major ass thrashing at the enemy base.
  • You know just as a throw back to the shrike balance argument earlier, it's worth noting the following - the most potent weapon of shrikes in classic (ramming), was extremely underused by even the best people in the position back during base competition.

Why?

Because of the lack of counters in base to shrikes, no one had any incentive to develop the ramming skillset to the levels it eventually reached, simply because a shrike versus a normal player was a 100% kill for the shrike in all situations - the shrike simply had all the time in the world to shoot blasters regardless of how well they were aimed.

That said, imagine if you took the best people shrike-wise in classic, put them in Doc Brown's time machine and sent them back to 2001-era base? It would be absolutely stupid, even moreso than people remember it, as literally nothing would have a prayer of surviving any length of time if not in a vehicle - one shrike would literally be able to shutdown 12+ offense on the other team, and that's no exaggeration.

I think it should be rather self evident as to how shrikes were imbalanced as fuck back in the base days when in retrospect you see that people ignored their strongest weapon because they could still be more effective than anything else using whatever they felt like.
  • What would you know about Shrikes?
  • Shrikes in V2 ftw haha
  • The best defense is a good offense. I firmly believe this. Best way to win? In CTF? Majority of the team attacks. A variant of vehicles, LO, HO, and midfielders. A small number defends. At least one HOF, some LD, and at least one farmer. MPBs if ya got em.

That's about the best strategy there can be. All maps are differant. All groups are differant. In competition, sure you can customize plans for each map and get everything going good, since it's the same group of peeps playing all the time. THEN it gets complicated, and I'm not going there...
  • You know just as a throw back to the shrike balance argument earlier, it's worth noting the following - the most potent weapon of shrikes in classic (ramming), was extremely underused by even the best people in the position back during base competition.

Why?

Because of the lack of counters in base to shrikes, no one had any incentive to develop the ramming skillset to the levels it eventually reached, simply because a shrike versus a normal player was a 100% kill for the shrike in all situations - the shrike simply had all the time in the world to shoot blasters regardless of how well they were aimed.

That said, imagine if you took the best people shrike-wise in classic, put them in Doc Brown's time machine and sent them back to 2001-era base? It would be absolutely stupid, even moreso than people remember it, as literally nothing would have a prayer of surviving any length of time if not in a vehicle - one shrike would literally be able to shutdown 12+ offense on the other team, and that's no exaggeration.

I think it should be rather self evident as to how shrikes were imbalanced as fuck back in the base days when in retrospect you see that people ignored their strongest weapon because they could still be more effective than anything else using whatever they felt like.
    Didn't Necrobones do a lot of ramming in his day? I don't think he even used shrike blasters except to attack other vehicles.