NO_SUCH_ACCOUNT

edited August 2009 in Support
I was playing fine last night on a clean install; this morning I didn't want to play without any scripts so I installed the Faramir script pack. When I launched the game to set up my scripts, it wouldn't let me in -- the initial error, was, I believe, that the Auth server was down.

So I checked the server status page and it said it was up, then later updated as still up. I checked the master server query webpage and it shows people playing. I reinstalled TribesNext_rc2a.exe and went back in game. Now it says "an unknown error has occurred, NO_SUCH_ACCOUNT". Okay, I don't need desperately to play under the same name, I went to register another account and it says the server is down.

I am connected to a cable connection through a router, but its set to DMZ and I was playing fine through it last night. I haven't changed any connection settings. Right now I'm downloading the client again to see if the script pack fucked up my install... but I'm not too hopeful.

If the servers are down and the status webpage is falsely reporting, just knowing that would be fine.

EDIT: I reinstalled tribes 2 and tribes next off fresh downloads and still get the error.

Comments

• If you get the NO_SUCH_ACCOUNT error, it means your public/private .store files are either missing, possibly corrupted, or your account was not stored in them.

Try using the account retrieval tool.

The Auth and Listing servers are up; as I just poked the Auth Server, and the Listing "server" is part of this website.

Auth Server Down/Unreachable: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=464.0
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you for the prompt reply -- it sheds light on the problem. However, I managed to fail to mention that I attempted the account retrieval before. On your advice, I just tried it again. It returns the same error. Once again this would be fine -- I'd just make a new one -- but the account creation fails because it thinks the auth server is down.

Is there anything else I can do about the .store files that might enable me to play?

edit: i reinstalled the tribesnext patch...then renamed public and private .store, instead of deleting them, and tried to retrieve my info. I tried the passwords I would have used -- prior to this I probably haven't typed my password out for tribes in months and months-- and they return 'credential download failed'. Since this is a new error, I went ahead to try to create a new account again; still returns the sever as down.
  • The account server is not down. See the FAQ Turkeh linked regarding configuring your firewall.

Since your firewall is blocking the account server, neither account creation nor account credential retrieval will be available from your computer.

The specific error message in your first post occurs if the public.store file cannot be read by the game. Reading that file is performed by the Ruby I/O API, and if it indicates a failure, the file itself could be damaged, or the Ruby interpreter is not functional. In either case, reinstalling the game completely would be a good idea.
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you for the more detailed explaination of what's happening here. I didn't mean to imply I *believe* the error that the servers are down, just that that's what it's still saying. I've reinstalled the entire client and that did not help -- I did not think to reconfigure my router, as I was able to play last night with the same configuration. I have DMZ enabled and the router's firewall disabled, as well as windows firewall disabled and no other software firewall. I will allow the specified ports in that thread and report back. I do really appreciate your 1 on 1 reply here because most people probably wouldn't take the time to try to help me.

edit: okay I couldnt figure out how to open all ports so I added two exceptions: one for TCP from 15100 to 15800 and one for UDP For 27999 to 29000..these seem to cover the ports specified in the thread you linked; still the same problem.

edit2: okay i tried to open 0 to 65535 for both types to my pc and still the same...

Thank you for your help because I don't guess there's anything else I can do at this point; if you think my changes to the router's settings were not correct I can modify them, however I guess I'm at the end of all solutions.
  • Probably a so-called "antivirus" program, then. Those tend to branch out into the realm of ineffective client firewalls that can interfere with communications that are more complicated than a regular web browser.
  • edited August 2009
    I don't believe in those, and thus none are installed -- I do, however, wish I did so I could have a culprit to identify. Tribes 2 is one of my favorite games =) Let this thread at least become part of a support base and perhaps of help to someone.

edit: HOLY SHIT -- I reinstalled AGAIN and this time I did a full wipe first, I'm in! You provided some top notch tech support and I appreciate it; an understanding of the problem is why I wiped the dir which solved the problem.