Anyone here know Korean, or know someone who does?

I've been running an ad for TribesNext on Google Adwords for about 3 weeks now. I've spent half my budget grabbing 289 clicks. I presume, given the lack of a soaring increase of players, that I'm getting very few conversions (i.e., download/install/play).

I would like to expand my audience. I'm already running it in the U.S., Canada, the UK, and Australia, and would like to expand outwards. I tried to figure a good regional demographic that would result in a high number of conversions, and South Korea came to mind. The gaming culture seems perfect for it.

However, I know zero Korean, and I don't want a Google Translated ad up on there. I guess I could always just show my English ad, but having ads in both languages would be ideal.

I was wondering if any of you or someone you know could draft a TribesNext ad in Korean for me. It would be best, in terms of getting exposure, if the person is really fluent, because awkwardly drafted ads just look silly (at least that's how it always does to me, when I see poorly worded ads in English). For the same reason, I don't want to just give text to translate; I would much rather have the person more intimate with the language to come up with something. I don't need the most innovative or compelling ad in the world, just a natural one. For my English ads, I have 3 different ads emphasizing different aspects, and Google automatically rotates them as efficiently as possible, which gives me flexibility. If it would be easier to have multiple versions of the ad instead of picking the best one, that's perfectly fine.

The only limitations is what Google sets. Google Adwords gives you a 25-characters for the title and two lines of ad text, 35 characters apiece (for everything, spaces and stuff counts towards the character limit). The display URL is seperate from all this, so don't worry about that.

Thanks so much!
--yt2005

Comments

• Margeret Cho.
  • Don't waste your money, Koreans aren't going to care because there isn't any existing Korean scene for the game and playing foreigners would be a waste of their time (and they'd have to suffer shitty connections).
  • Look, stacraft (1998) got great korean community. Why Tribes won't have community there?

I would propose to advert Tribes, as a perfect multiplayer game, like StarCraft, witch is made esspecially for MP, and it was thought to be good for progaming. Then, if all goes OK, Koreans can create their own community (they won't play on high ping servers, they create them for themselvs) - from that point is a short way to full revival of tribes :)

We don't need to know korean, just to know where are some places, witch are good to promote tribes.
  • Look, stacraft (1998) got great korean community. Why Tribes won't have community there?
    Because you're about 8 years too late.

Also, Starcraft's insane success in Korea is a combination of lot's of luck and being the right thing out at the right time. You can be pretty sure there probably will never be anything quite like it, anywhere, ever. Sure, professional gaming is going to stick around as long as there are companies interested to sponsor the leagues, but it'll be a feat surpass what SC has achieved, as it essentially single-handedly created the whole "professional gamer" phenomena from scratch.

Korean's aren't going to touch Tribes because there's no place in Korea to play Tribes. No servers, no community, no nothing - All you have is some google ad and a bunch of nerdy whities who can't even speak the language who tell you some decade old game that you or none of your friends or no one in your country has ever even heard of is super awesome. Yeah, that's going to work out great.
  • i only know one word of korean

kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke
  • edited September 2009
    I saw your article. But I did not fully understand. If you're looking for users in Korea
    Leave to come to this homepage.

http://cafe.naver.com/tribes4u
    http://ncity.net/~devil4u/index.php

South Korea tribes2 Community
    South Korea User are also watching with interest

• i only know one word of korean

but what does it mean!
  • edited September 2009
    Here, I'm Korean
    We, Korean, used to play it, we had one or two Korean server. and they were full all the time(64/64), even there were T2 Leagues broadcasted by one of the major Game TV.
    here's the link of that video
    http://cafe.naver.com/tribes4u/210

but with T:V release we were so disappointed.
    and the Korean T2 publisher, they decided to change there business to the Online games(like MMORPG).
    so they shut down all T2 servers. one of user tried to run the server. but he couldn't run his server forever. users started to disappear.

and now, unfortunately, no more koreans playing, there is a community as you see through that link. but we are dying now
    still playing on the US server though, but just 10~15 people left. :D

there are 5 kinds of Pro League, here now
    first is Starcraft as you know
    second is FPS (there were CS but it wasn't that successful, now only the Korean FPS games left)
    third is Warcraft3 - melee
    fourth is Warcraft3 - Usemap (similar with DOTA, but we fixed the map little bit, we call it CHAOS now, this is part of pro league, but it's broadcasted by internet game TV channel)
    fifth is WOW PvP (it is sponsored by Blizzard Corp. but same as fourth, it's broadcasted by internet game TV channel)

and there're alot of new games that Koreans want to play
    no one will be interested by T2.
  • , even there were T2 Leagues broadcasted by one of the major Game TV.

Did anyone ever know about this?
  • edited September 2009
    i only know one word of korean

but what does it mean!
    Years of playing Starcraft has taught me that it is more or less the local equivalent of lolololololololololololol.

Also, I guess I stand corrected on the part of there being no Korean T2 scene :p.
  • Yes..kekkekekekekekke is basically a korean laughing ><
    They would always do it when they beat me LT on Starcraft >< Cuz I'm an FMP player on SC not a Low Money >
  • online English to Korean translator?
  • Here, I'm Korean
    We, Korean, used to play it, we had one or two Korean server. and they were full all the time(64/64), even there were T2 Leagues broadcasted by one of the major Game TV.

and the Korean T2 publisher, they decided to change there business to the Online games(like MMORPG).
    so they shut down all T2 servers. one of user tried to run the server. but he couldn't run his server forever. users started to disappear.

and now, unfortunately, no more koreans playing, there is a community as you see through that link. but we are dying now

second is FPS (there were CS but it wasn't that successful, now only the Korean FPS games left)
    fourth is Warcraft3 - Usemap (similar with DOTA, but we fixed the map little bit, we call it CHAOS now, this is part of pro league, but it's broadcasted by internet game TV channel)
    fifth is WOW PvP (it is sponsored by Blizzard Corp. but same as fourth, it's broadcasted by internet game TV channel)

wow thats awesome haha! i always knew koreans played it and australaia and all them but i never really thought much about it. and if you think about it, their whole tribes 2 experience and skill levels, and competittion, thats awesome , fuck im high
  • Here, I'm Korean

wow thats awesome haha! i always knew koreans played it and australaia and all them but i never really thought much about it. and if you think about it, their whole tribes 2 experience and skill levels, and competittion, thats awesome , fuck im high

Posting on forum's while you're high is the WORST THING YOU CAN DO!!

....lol
  • EVEN WHEN IM SOBER i still think its cool and people should recognize it! fuck who knows maybe they are like %400 better than us, and we suck compare to them.