Unresolvable UE error

I am running a C2D 3.06 with 2GB RAM and Windows Vista. Video card is an ATI X300SE.

The game immediately exits with an Unhandled Exception error (c0000005 00000000) on startup. None of the solutions listed in the FAQ work. I have tried:

-performing a clean install (and deleting all .DSO files)
-updating graphics drivers
-changing the rendering choice and many other options
-the game doesn't seem to even get far enough to create a clientprefs.cs file, so I downloaded one, put it in the proper place and changed the listed options with no effect

In addition, I have also tried setting Compatibility mode on all executables, running as Administrator, setting the core affinity and running an unpatched (solo & LAN) game. All to no effect.

Is there any hope of fixing this, or is running the game effectively impossible on my hardware setup?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Yeah, i once had that problem but i dont remember how i fixed it. Give me one second to perform a general search of my hypothalmus.
    :) Just so you know Kylums problem is solved , he needed too download and update his ATI cataylst and drivers , :)

kylum had the same c000005 issue. so...... update them drivers (or be a normal person and just use Nvidia)
    that sucks
  • I managed to fix it by reinstalling the drivers again. It seems that the ATI driver package won't actually replace the built-in Windows drivers unless you choose the Catalyst package.