Poll: Which would you like on the TribesNext frontpage?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    imo I think having one small clip of action right after "Tribes 2 was released" would top it off. Maybe don't even wait for the text to disappear; just have the action clip fade in slightly in the background while the text is still there. A simple action clip would be the best, like a dude just flying over some mountains. In fact I think having more faded background scenes like that at the other lengthy text screens would be cool. Not all of them of course.
  • I dont want to overdo it. Maybe its optimistic, but I expect that people can at least wait like 15 secs before the first scene comes up : p
    Even if I wanted to, I am short on fitting scenes. And new ones are out of the question, I am not willing to record new ones, its a long process. I started adding the trailer stuff before I knew that Thyth didnt like videos. Had I known it beforehand it probably wouldnt have happened
    I had some weird renderproblems and wasted a lot of hours just waiting. Not going to do that again for almost nothing

I can only hope you like it nonetheless and understand : p
  • edited January 2010
    With the way you are trying to push for the video it seems very much like you believe that. And my point is you are pushing something that will hardly have an effect. If you had used all this energy you have on this issue for something more meaningful you could of accomplished a lot more.
    As I mentioned in an older thread, my ultimate goal for doing all this was to raise awareness that something had to be done about spreading TribesNext to a wider audience. It's a crude method, certainly not the most elegant in the world, but looking at how more and more people are focusing on this issue in their own ways, I think I've accomplished my goal.
    imo I think having one small clip of action right after "Tribes 2 was released" would top it off.
    I like the way it is for now. The "A game ahead of its time, not meant to last forever" is a really good lead-in, and as Shadow put it, builds tension and suspense. The key is to emphasize the selling point of the game as its unparalleled gameplay as opposed to pretty graphics, which is the main selling point for alot of new games today (although I personally think Tribes 2 is quite beautiful itself).

I love how you included the history of the game. It gives people a sense of scale, to see how such a monstrous game managed to survive what no other game in history could possibly have, and is still going strong.

Not sure about the clip right after "Community splittings" though, lol
  • Yeah it was good as is. I just have my worries as to the attention span of the average YouTube viewer. 20 seconds of text might be hard for them to handle.