Problem with TribesNext

Hey guys, im new to this tribesnext patch, i was playing it yesterday and it was alright, but then the next day, it dosent work. Whenever i connect to any server using the tribesnext patch, i get an unhandled exeption error all the time and when i re install using a different directory, i get some kind of message saying "server sent an unrespondible challenge IP" or something like that, i downloaded this other alternate master server that lets you play online using Solo & Lan and i can connect to any server (exept TribesNext servers) normally. Can anyone here help me please?

Comments

• You'll get this error if you (or a specific server) failed the external IP acquisition test. Type (or paste) this into your console(~) and make sure what you see is your external IP:
    echo($IPv4::InetAddress);

If you don't have any trouble retrieving the server list, restarting the game or using ipv4_getInetAddress(); in your console should fix the problem just fine. If not, report back and we'll see what we can do about it.
  • edited January 2009
    I hope things work out with tribes next..
    I have been getting a lot of UEs online lately.. if my enternet is down, and I want to try and play off line no luck, going to get a UE. its a shame those who own this game don't patch it right and fill the loadscreen with advertisments and links to games they are making, and gain some support for their future games...
  • I just fixed the problem by removing ALL filed to do with Tribes2 and the TribesNext patch. I then rebooted the computer, downloaded a fresh copy of TribesNext and reinstalled, works now but for how long?
  • Indefinately, really. The problem you were having was not with some change in your configuration, but with the game being unable to connect to assign your internal IP.
    For most people, this would occur when a firewall is blocking the game, or an anti-virus program is checking HTTP communications.
  • Yeah, it did it again. I dont even know what my external IP address is, i have a router so it just says: 192.168.0.3
  • edited January 2009
    Wait, I found it. The command echo($IPv4::Inetaddress); shows an IP address that is not my real one, i know my real one begins with 120.***, but it keeps on showing a different one that starts with 222.***, I cant remember what it was but anyways, I have been reading the IP add shown on the bottom of my posts and 3 of them show the 222 one, but one of them shows the real 120 one which was when i said it works. Is there anything you can do?
  • Right click my network places, properties, double click local area connection, click support tab, there's your current actual ip for the system you're on. This is with xp by the way.
  • That will be his local IP...
    Unless you're connecting through some funky proxy, or have a very dynamic IP address, TN should properly detect your IP when it's doing its initial queries.

You can find your external IP with www.whatismyip.com or www.tribesnext.com/whatismyip.php
  • edited January 2009
    Well my ip apparently starts with 222.*** but its not the same from the one under my posts, its changed again but it works now
  • IP changes occasionally, or often, I haven't made a note of how large or small the intervals are.
  • IP addresses will change each time you connect to the ISP. For dialup, this means that you'll have a different external IP each dial in. For cable, the IP will only change if you are disconnected from the ISP for a specific length of time. Cable IP changes have to do with the DNS refresh interval, I think it's like 15 minutes but don't quote me.
  • Well then thats 3 out of 3, I can view the server list, restart tribes and get my external IP, but sometimes I still get an UE
  • UE's happen occasionally. Sometimes its because of something have edited that caused it, sometimes it just may be Tribes acting like a stubborn child, either way, as long as it isn't really affecting your average game time or during important issues, they aren't much of a problem. :P
  • Well it IS a problem because I cant join ANY server thanks to UE... It seems to happen when i change accounts or something like that
  • UEs can be caused by other than your game/files. I was getting them now and then untill I got an error saying "err png file" something, googled it and found that sometimes having an older Adobe file can cause crashes on what ever net you're on, well I checked and found Adobe 6! Updated to Adobe 7 and so far not one UE. The point is sometimes you just don't see it even when it's under your very nose!! This last time I installed Tribes using my discs I did't change anything in the Game Setup and has worked better than Ever Before.
    Good luck
  • LOL I also have adobe 6, can i just delete it or do i need adobe to stop it from UEing, i got adobe 6 not long ago because i needed it but the new adobe 9 wont download so i got the older one, before i had adobe it was doing it alot more but it hasent done it too many times and its doing it right now
  • Hi there. Have you managed to resolve this issue?

I've tried the work arounds, but with no luck. something something "challenge ip". Can't connect to anything. It receives the server list fine.

Please help :(
  • Did you even read? Krash posted how to fix it.
    You'll get this error if you (or a specific server) failed the external IP acquisition test. Type (or paste) this into your console(~) and make sure what you see is your external IP:
    echo($IPv4::InetAddress);

If you don't have any trouble retrieving the server list, restarting the game or using ipv4_getInetAddress(); in your console should fix the problem just fine. If not, report back and we'll see what we can do about it.
  • iv tryed ipv4_getInetAddress(); dident seem to do eany thing.
    On connect TN still UEed.

my router and www.whatismyip.com display one ip.
    While TN echo($IPv4::InetAddress); and www.tribesnext.com/whatismyip.php
    display another.

I am running a single core AMD Athlon
    on a MSI KT6 Delta mother board
    with a ATI Radon 9600

this hardware is runing
    windows XP sp3
    OmagaDrivers ati_omega_xp2k_48442.exe
    Visual Studio 2005
    GNU minGW a set open source compilers

please help
  • This means that you will probably have to change "$IPv4::InetAddress" every time you play.
  • Please excuse my ignorance but;
    What do i type in the console to change my ip address.
  • Oh, sorry. That was my fault. I meant to tell you. :P

Get the ip from http://www.whatismyip.com/ and type this in the console:
    $IPv4::InetAddress = "ip.from.that.website";
    Replcae ip.from.that.website with the IP from whatismyip.com.