I can not patch the game from CD

Downloading T2 takes about 5 hours. I found the old CD, installed, patched and it is not working. Blee... Is it any way to use T2 from original CD?

Comments

• Make sure it's updated to the latest version. Otherwise, you'll have to download the GSI.
  • The latest patch I have is 24834 and tribesnext does not work wit it. I have tried to download the T2 file 3 times, 160MB was the longest shoot. For some reasons I have errors while downloading.
  • edited January 2009
    The latest "official" patch was 25034, also known as the "re-release"

Your best bet may be downloading the Tribes2_gsi.exe (from a mirror, or via bittorrent)...as this is the supported option. Otherwise, you may be able to find the Tribes2_reRelease_Update.exe on fileplanet or some other host.
  • I have found one. 87MB is way faster to download. THNX guys.
  • Look for one called the community patch.
  • Unfortunately patching to ver. 25034 is pointless it does not work as well.
  • A patched 25034 version of the game should not be functionally any different from the tribes2_gsi installer most others are using.
    I installed from the original 2001 CD myself, applied this patch before the TN patch, and haven't had any problems.
  • You are right. The problem with CD installation is that the file tribes2.exe after patching does not change into new version. Reinstallation after complete removal of T2 directory helped. Problem solved and I am moving to another one: server account is offline. For God sake I do want to play T2 again.
  • Make sure your personal firewall/antivirus isn't blocking it. If the problem persists, try forwarding a few ports.